Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE wrapping of modern single packs,not sealed boxes.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking the groups opinions on the wrapping of modern packs. Specifically 2011 Topps Baseball update, jumbos,retail, (Trout RC). Advantages,cost effective,not worth the trouble?Thanks.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options

I maybe wrong but I don't believe BBCE will over wrap a box the company already wraps. I think this was brought up in discussions about 1993 SP Baseball boxes.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your reply. These are single jumbo packs, not a sealed box. I should of stated that more clearly.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there would be much of a premium for modern packs. I'm not even sure if Steve can wrap single packs due to his PSA deal. I know he can wrap vintage racks.
    Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve cannot wrap any packs individually that PSA grades due to his contract with PSA.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    edited October 22, 2016 2:42PM

@grote15 said:
    Steve cannot wrap any packs individually that PSA grades due to his contract with PSA.

But he can sell packs that he has graded himself?

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

I don't believe Steve grades the packs. He authenticates them for PSA then they assign the grade.

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

@Time4aGansett said:
    I don't believe Steve grades the packs. He authenticates them for PSA then they assign the grade.

Correct. Steve authenticates, then it goes back to psa to be graded.

To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭
    One instance where Steve wraps the individual pack is if he sells a '91 T DS pack from a box he knows is a DS box. He puts it in a hard case about the same size as the pack and puts his business card and writes that it is a DS pack then wraps the hard case.
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the others, I don't think it would add any value to them. Steve will wrap packs but they must be in multiples. I have had him do some 70's packs in multiples of 2.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

I don't believe Steve can wrap any packs in groups anymore either. I could be wrong, but was told that his ability to do so had changed altogether due to PSA tightening the restraint.