Home Sports Talk
Options

Help please, Jake Diekman arbitration arguments

thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
edited October 19, 2016 4:05PM in Sports Talk

As some of you know, I've been going to law school the last few years. I am in my final semester, and am taking Sports Law, and I've been assigned to represent Jake Diekman in an upcoming arbitration (of course an in class one, not the real one). Because of the time drain law school has taken on me, I haven't really followed the game the last few years like I used to. I know their are some baseball geniuses on this site and I am looking for help. Under the CBA, arbitration is for one year only and I am looking help on a realistic salary figure for Diekman, and for justification for that number.

The criteria will be the quality of the Player’s contribution to his Club during the past season (including but not limited to his overall performance, special qualities of leadership and public appeal), the length and consistency of his career contribution, the record of the Player’s past compensation, comparative baseball salaries, the existence of any physical or mental defects on the part of the Player, and the recent performance record of the Club including but not limited to its League standing and attendance as an indication of public acceptance . Any evidence may be submitted which is relevant to the above criteria,

If any of y'all have time and want to be a big help, I'd really appreciate seeing your arguments on a salary number for Diekman (from his perspective, not the Rangers perspective) and your justification for that number. I have to give the Rangers (the theoretical Rangers) my number by 5:00 PM Friday CST.

And yes, professor encouraged us to solicit help if we need it.

Thanks!

Mike

Buying US Presidential autographs