Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Card Show

There is a new card show on November 12th at the Split Rock Lodge in the Pocono Mountains of Pa. I signed up for the show about a month and a half ago and they still have tables for anyone interested. I feel this is a great deal for the price and space you will get. Check out the promoters info below. If dealers want a space, please contact Scott and let him know Robert Miller from the PSA boards is how you heard about it.
Thanks,
Robert

Come check out the newest Sports Card and Collectible show in the North East. The Jim Thorpe Sports Card Show and Live Auction takes place on Saturday, November 12, 10am - 4pm at Split Rock Resort in Lake Harmony, PA. Very convenient to The North East Extension and Route 80 we have dealers from Maryland to Connecticut. Every hour there will be a drawing for dealer bucks that can be spent at any Dealer Booth or at the live auction!

Our autograph guests are 7x MLB All-Star Al Oliver, 5x NHL All-Star and New York Rangers Captain Ron Greschner and New York Rangers Enforcer and fan favorite Nick Fotiu. There are a limited amount of Photo Opportunity tickets available which entitle the holder to spend a half hour with all three athletes, then get their picture taken with the athlete they have chosen. While they then shop the show we print the photo get it autographed with the buyer's requested inscription and have it ready for pick up before the end of the day! If you purchase an autograph ticket your admission is free.

Our live auction starts at 2:30pm there are 80 items ranging from Tobacco and Caramel cards to modern rookies. Buyer's premium is 13% with a 3% discount for cash. The 10% net Buyer's premium is being donated to the Jim Thorpe Area Sports Hall of Fame who are the caretakers of the Jim Thorpe Memorial Park and Mausoleum. They are currently working on commissioning a third life-sized statue of Thorpe for the park. Additionally there are several autographed items that have been donated to the Hall for which they are receiving ALL of the proceeds. They also receive $1 for every paid admission or autograph sold.

Check out our facebook page for contests and up-to-date information http://www.facebook.com/jimthorpesportscardshow

Check out our website for complete information and to preorder autograph tickets and/or discounted admission! http://www.jimthorpesportscardshow.com

We still have several dealer booths available. Booths are 10' x 10' and we provide two 8' tables. EVERY BOOTH IS A CORNER! no interior booths where you only have your 10' frontage!

Feel free to call the promoter Scott Russell 717.327.8915 with any questions!

ebay seller name milbroco
email bcmiller7@comcast.net

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the show. The auction sounds like it's for a worthy cause. The buyers fee is a respectable, fair fee what with many auction houses in the 20% range. Will we be seeing a report with pictures if possible?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Thanks. I am looking forward to the show and to see if I can pick up something from the auction.
    Yes I can give a little rundown of the show with pictures.............but none with me in them, I don't have a wide angle lens. :/

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to get there as well. Sounds like a god show I hope it catches on

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

@milbroco said:
    Thanks. I am looking forward to the show and to see if I can pick up something from the auction.
    Yes I can give a little rundown of the show with pictures.............but none with me in them, I don't have a wide angle lens. :/

Great.Thanks in advance for a report.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Just a reminder that this show is less than two weeks away. Hope to see some of you there.
    Robert

• Options

I will be at booth #33. I will have 2 showcases of PSA graded cards, a showcase of ungraded cards, a few showcases of misc. with autographs, some nice nonsport unopened boxes and cheap unopened junk boxes. I will also have a star box alphabetically with prices of $2.00 and up, along with a $1.00 box and several 25 cent shoeboxes. The show should be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to it. Hope to see a lot of you there!
    Robert

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

Do you anticipate any vendors with vintage football cards to be there? Thanks!

• Options

I have no idea what others may be bringing but I have some vintage football that I will be bringing. If you are a member of the Net54baseball boards, you may see a post or two that dealers may have posted with their items.
    Thanks,
    Robert

• Options

Thank you, I'll check there. Will you have any vintage Cowboys cards there? :)

• Options

I am not sure what Cowboys I have. They would just be mixed in with other Football cards. I will try to make sure I bring whatever Cowboys I have.
    Thanks again,
    Robert

• Options

Great thanks Robert, look forward to checking out the show

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

Good luck tomorrow. Keep us updated with how it goes. The auctioneer is well known in central PA and sent info a couple months back but the location had me to skeptical to set up (it is a beautiful area but most will have to travel a distance to attend ...2-2.5 hours for myself)

• Options

I am hoping to attend. about 1 hour drive for me but hopeful it will be a great show, I don't always get vintage at my local show. great cause too

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options

I made it to the show. I thought it was pretty good, a lot of vintage and autographed material.

I found some 69 topps football I needed and a couple of 57 baseball. A lot of stuff to look though. I also picked up some items at the auction a couple mid 70 sets and odd ball variations from the 60's. All in all a pretty good show. I hope it continues.

Also met up,with Robert but didn't speak much as it was right before the auction. Good trip.

Fred

• Options

Was most of the vintage graded? If not was it gradable? Were the highend cards Mantles,Mays etc. graded?

• Options

There were some of both graded and raw. Couple dealers had some nice hi end stuff raw that could have been graded. Lot of mid range stuff. I didn't see any hi end mantles or Mays but I wasn't looking for hi end, didn't have the pockets for it.

Fred

• Options

Well things kind of did not go the way I thought. I did fine selling but my son did not come with me so I did not get a chance to look or shop around. I will not leave my booth completely unattended, so I am not sure what to say as far as what other dealers had.

I was at booth #33 and I had small selection of PSA graded 1950's to the mid 1990's, other star cards, some nice raw 1960's hockey, and a nice stack of 1975 Topps baseball commons from rack packs. I also had some oddball items like a set of 1972 baseball batting helmet cards which are very difficult to find, and both quarter and dollar boxes. I covered my table fee with the sales from both the dollar and quarter boxes.

I met a few people from the net54 boards and these PSA boards including Fred (baseballfan) but as he stated it was right at auction time so not much time to talk.

From the little I did wander, I saw some BBCExchange wrapped boxes form about 1980 to 1986 in baseball and football, some other graded and raw cards, and a couple of hockey jerseys.

The crowd started slow as a half hour went by with me seeing only a couple of customers but it did pick up nicely. It seemed to me that the crowd was small but they came to spend. I wish I could report the results from the auction but I was distracted talking to customers most of the time.

Well I am looking forward to next years show.

Thanks,
    Robert

• Options

Thanks for the report. Good to hear how various shows are doing across the country.

• Options

I have the auction results if any one is interested in knowing what certain lots went for.

I thought that went well but not many people there, so there were some bargains to be had

Fred