Home Q & A Forum
Options

What are Badges for?

thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 18, 2016 1:19AM in Q & A Forum

Does anyone know what the "badges" are for on this site and/or what they signify and who dispenses them?
photo em10.gif

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
- Jim

Comments

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks a lot like achievement badges you find in some electronic games, first popularized by the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. :) You do enough of something, like comment 5 times, receive 5 "Agrees," be a member for a year, etc., and you "earn" a badge. You can see all of your badges earned on your user profile. There does not seem to be a list of achievable badges anywhere that I can see.

• Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2016 10:01PM

Funny pic., mvs7. :D Is that from the Bogart film. "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"?

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisnamztaken said:
    Funny pic., mvs7. :D Is that from the Bogart film. "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"?

The pic is from the Bogart film. That's the Mexican bandit pretending to be a Federale. Bogart asked to see his badge, and that's where the phrase about not having to show badges came about. The quote as written above, however, is from Blazing Saddles, which is a shorter paraphrase (and now more famous) of what was said in the original film.

• Options

I wanna badge .... I wanna badge...
    I truly , truly do lol

• Rainbowlover1
  • Options

I really dig that pic above guys

• Rainbowlover1