Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tampered PSA case

I just saw this so it's almost over. The 1969 Bench PSA 10 selling w/ PWCC looks suspicious to me. There looks like a lot of frosting and the back of the card looks like a FIVE! Any other opinions on this card...switch, timed ectebay.com/itm/1969-Topps-Johnny-Bench-95-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-PWCC-/142141791736?hash=item21184f9df8:g:2HwAAOSwCGVX-CIa

Comments

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Whether you're making an observation or accusation, the case looks like it got tackled in a game of touch football. The back does appear rather unattractive for the grade, however, it was graded several years ago, if I'm interpreting the serial number correctly. I doubt a tampered and/or resealed swap would get by PWCC for a card of such magnitude.

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I don't think there is a problem with the case I have found over the years that 69 Topps edges and corners can get chipped
    in PSA holders. That's why I will never spend another dime on 69's.

James

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

you have to be very careful w/ 71s as well.

• Options
    GrandMasterBGrandMasterB Posts: 233 ✭✭
    edited October 18, 2016 5:46AM

I wasn't too concerned about the corner and edges, there is only minimal white showing. The large paper lose area in the upper left back corner just alarms me too much.

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

Case is fine but as stated looks like Alabama's Defense sacked it a few times. Also note all windows in edge of holder are clear.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

GMB, that's not paper loss on the back, just missing ink. Not unusual, there are many 69s with this flaw, but I'd agree that it would seem inappropriate for the grade assigned.

• Options

@travis t said:
    GMB, that's not paper loss on the back, just missing ink. Not unusual, there are many 69s with this flaw, but I'd agree that it would seem inappropriate for the grade assigned.

Thanks, I've just never seen that much missing ink on such a high grade.

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Wow I didn't even see the missing ink Is that common with that card?

James

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Not tampered with just over graded

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets