Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1978 Murray psa 10

Just saw this beauty on eBay with Brent with about 4 days to go......these don't come up too often..... this a $20,000 plus card?

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Nice looking, but does it appear to have the slightest tilt to it and there is a small spot on the border on right side near bottom.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Various minute flecks among the 4 white borders and a spot on Eddies left shoulder (looking face on at card would be on right side) as well. But since centering is always the main concern nowadays these minor flaws are probably of little concern.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talking about centering, it's pretty crappy on the back of the card. Is it the required 75/25 left to right for a PSA 10?

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    It's easy to pick apart a card like this, but I can promise you that I'd love to own it.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2016 8:54AM

No one wants to mention the orange to red discoloration framing of the photo? Ok, I will.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2016 9:30AM

@divecchia said:
    Talking about centering, it's pretty crappy on the back of the card. Is it the required 75/25 left to right for a PSA 10?

Donato

I agree. I try to avoid back centering like that even for PSA 9 cards (though centering standards for a PSA 9 card is 90/10 on back, and 75/25 for a PSA 10).

I know some don't mind poorly centered cards on back, but a card does have two sides.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.