Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Is it permissible to list coins for sale here that would be of interest to Registry collectors?

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or should they be listed on the BST?

I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it should be on BST, unless you're selling an entire set. Just my 2 cents.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I recall correctly, one of the original reasons that this sub-section was formed was so that Registry set collectors could be targeted for coin sales. I believe listing coins for sale is still allowed here.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    If I recall correctly, one of the original reasons that this sub-section was formed was so that Registry set collectors could be targeted for coin sales. I believe listing coins for sale is still allowed here.

You are correct. That is pretty much the entire reason this forum was created.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2016 8:40PM

Check out @OnlyRoosies thread regarding selling his Roosevelt Dimes. He has done it in a very classy way. He has it well organized and frequently updates it. He also keeps it to one thread.

As far as selling here, yes, it is allowed. Personally I don't care one way or another as long as there is still some other dialogue going on.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's entirely permissible to post a coin / or coins / or sets of coins for sale here.
    Only one caveat: you can never bump your own post on The Registry Forum.

You may - read: should - post your coins for sale on the BST. You can not bump your post
    more than once per day. You also can't respond to the questions in an open format, but
    reply via a PM.

These rules are engraved in stone somewhere or other. They're something I remember, as
    I have been called on the carpet ( when I first joined in 2004 ) by the Forum Gestapho. Harsh,
    yes; truthful: definitely !

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been lambasted for less.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posting coins for sale anywhere is OK with me. I like any info available. Don't really care for B,S & T.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

An addendum to what I said before would be this:

If you come on here and you have 0 posts and don't bother to even introduce yourself or explain what and why you collect, to me you have no business being here to sell.

Later, Paul.