Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help needed with 1994-95 Topps Embossed and / or Does any own a SCD Basketball Standard Catalog?

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, do any of you have the basketball SCD catalog? If so, could somebody look up 1994-95 Topps EMBOSSED NBA Basketball and see if there is a mention of a "Premier Australian/New Zealand Edition?

Long story short.....I have recently purchased a collection of items from the family of a former Topps employee of over 30 years. I have got several unique and neat items I will be sharing. One of the items was a 1994-95 Topps Embossed sealed box...but the catch is that there is a label on the lid that says "PREMIER AUSTRALIAN/NEW ZEALAND EDITION. The weird thing is that I cannot find a single Ebay item like this. I even GOOGLED it and can't find a single thing on this. Is it regular cards with a simple label on the box? Are the cards different? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

My latest SCD is 2002, but no mention of that set under the 94/95 Embossed. I would guess that maybe something like your set that was not available to the general public may not warrant space in the guide.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options

Thank you so much for the update.

Shane

• Options
    I have an old Beckett one I can search. I'm interested to hear more about what you picked up.
  • Options
    Nothing in Beckett...makes me wonder if it was just a sticker. Topps didn't do foreign releases like UD did.
  • Options

Yes, I am wondering the same thing. I ordered an SCD Basketball Catalog. I will see when I get it. Thanks for the help. More info coming on the stuff I picked up.

Shane

• Options
    If cards are different you won't know without breaking it and I think you'd have more buyers picking up their player/team than buying packs or the box.
  • Options

@byronscott4ever said:
    If cards are different you won't know without breaking it and I think you'd have more buyers picking up their player/team than buying packs or the box.

That makes me want to bust it open.

Shane

• Options
    If you open it, I hope it's different in some way