Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

New $50 National for you guys to enjoy

Picked this up recently... Seems like a pretty rare charter, in pretty good condition, overall pretty happy with the purchase

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Very pretty 50. Congrats! :D

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options

Awesome. Great find. :)

Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options

Man, that is a nice one!

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice note, thanks for sharing!

• Options
    goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Those pen sigs are fantastic. Quite a note you've got there.
    "Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Beauty! Not the usual lower grade that you often see(although there's nothing wrong with those).Nice grab!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2016 9:14AM

_ Seems like a pretty rare charter_
    >

Actually with 20 LS (BBs and 1902s, almost entirely hi denoms) I don't think it can be considered as a rare or particularly scarce charter.

BTW, your note is recorded as just a VF in the census which looks to have been picked up from Kelly. Appears to be much nicer than that and would seem to be the equal of any other 1902 in the census for the bank. I wonder if what's recorded is just an artifact of much more conservative grading back in the day. In any case, a very nice looking note with the premium (to me) of excellent pen sigs.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great note!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

that sure looks nice and clean :)

• Options
    boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2016 5:12PM

Well, my standard applause icon is no more. Had to find one on the web.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

What a fantastic $50! Congrats on a very nice pick up!!

• Options

i looked at the pop report off of PCGS and if I'm reading it right theres only 1 of these notes even graded and it was graded "apparent"...... that should be a plus for my bill right?? i think as soon as my PCGS package comes in the mail I'm going to send it off.... the scan comes across favorable, i think the bill is about xf40-45