Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I'd be pretty upset if these were my cards.

Comments

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    ouch
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    Despite the error in the title, hammer prices don't look bad for what's there.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Something similar happened to me but the item was a lot more valuable. It cost me 15% from the next lowest ebay sale.
    Mike
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Makes me rethink consigning my items he's had for 9 weeks without posting them. I did put specific instructions on how the listings should read in the package.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Joshua has 'splaning to do. Probstein needs to give a math refresher.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Not only were the titles wrong, but they were lazily placed on a scanner. When you're given 12 photos on eBay, and when you're selling an item for someone else, there's really no excuse.

A few months ago he sold a "Tender is the Night" book that should have brought $100 but the title was not accurate and it brought something around $15 to $20.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: RipublicaninMass
    Makes me rethink consigning my items he's had for 9 weeks without posting them. I did put specific instructions on how the listings should read in the package.

In my case, he said that there was no letter in the box even though I taped it to the bubble wrap around the boxes. The pack count he screwed up was clearly on the front of the box.
    Mike
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Here's another one: ebay.com/itm/1977-Hostess-Starter-Set-Lot-of-73-PSA-Graded-w-Stars-HOF-Carter-Brock-/361890577796?hash=item54425bfd84:g:VI8AAOSwNnRYimWR

Can anyone tell me exactly what it is that I'm bidding on here? We know that Moshe has it on shelf C-3, but what 73 cards are we getting? Unsure how it is that people continue to consign to him.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 8:26PM

I don't know maybe I'm missing something or just way out of the loop but I have no idea why anyone would consign anything to anyone who would sell YOUR items on Ebay. A major auction house yes but Ebay? I would list the items myself

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I don't know maybe I'm missing something or just way out of the loop but I have no idea why anyone would consign anything to anyone who would sell YOUR items on Ebay. A major auction house yes but Ebay? I would list the items myself

Ebay is available to the world. as in billions of people. some of us don't want deal with them, or don't have the time.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Pics of the cards are not showing up?

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@garnettstyle said:
    Pics of the cards are not showing up?

It's a 73 card graded lot with pictures of 12 cards, and nowhere in the description does it say what's included in the lot. It does say the seller is accepting consignments though.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will let you all know how the 77 Hostess lot turns out. I'm hoping he throws some twinkies in the box.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.