Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Denver Nationals

trying not to be the annoying new guy here... but i seriously can't find hardly anything about these denver 20's apart from the book saying "generic"

i know they're probably more collectable to someone in colorado.. i myself am only 45 min north of denver but let me know what you guys think grade and $ wise

thanks

[URL=http://s1250.photobucket.com/u...6_zps93q9wlq0.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• outtacashouttacash Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    which book?
  • i just have this "united states paper money" the official red book by Whitman.... 4th edition

• outtacashouttacash Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    for nationals, that wont work... some people here have mixed feelings on it but i think for the $ this is an invaluable tool: Track & Price
  • go to ha.com and search for the charter number, 3269

also, the Kelly book, "National Banks Notes" is a bible, though is always going to be a behind the curve in new discoveries, but still solid for most notes. the bank had over $1,500,000 outstanding in 1935, so not exactly a rare one. No type two notes. Having three in a row is pretty cool, but I don't think cool enough to get stratospheric.
    https://currency.ha.com/itm/national-bank-notes/denver-co-20-1929-ty-1-the-denver-nb-ch-3269/a/141605-81539.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515
  • Originally posted by: DanCong

go to ha.com and search for the charter number, 3269

also, the Kelly book, "National Banks Notes" is a bible, though is always going to be a behind the curve in new discoveries, but still solid for most notes. the bank had over $1,500,000 outstanding in 1935, so not exactly a rare one. No type two notes. Having three in a row is pretty cool, but I don't think cool enough to get stratospheric.

https://currency.ha.com/itm/na...yView-Thumbnail-071515

thanks, i searched there, just didn't think to do just the charter number... mine are at least 55 i believe... sooooo.... looks like i over paid... haha... o-well... I'm a sucker for consecutive notes....

• STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Pretty notes but very common bank so basically type money I suspect.

Also, altho the numbers are sequential, type I notes followed large size notes in that each note from the same sheet had the same serial number, the prefix number being the plate position A thru F to differentiate them. So these actually represent the E or fifth position from consecutive sheets. Consecutive notes would have been numbered something like D004735A, E004735A and F004735A (and which would have been the bottom half of the 6 position sheet FWIW). This is not uncommon and I think that often the process of cutting/separating the sheets resulted in stacks consisting of sequentially numbered notes of the same plate position. That is, separate stack of As, Bs, etc. A small point tho that probably only the most crazed NBN guys, like myself, care about.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Originally posted by: STLNATS

Pretty notes but very common bank so basically type money I suspect.

Also, altho the numbers are sequential, type I notes followed large size notes in that each note from the same sheet had the same serial number, the prefix number being the plate position A thru F to differentiate them. So these actually represent the E or fifth position from consecutive sheets. Consecutive notes would have been numbered something like D004735A, E004735A and F004735A (and which would have been the bottom half of the 6 position sheet FWIW). This is not uncommon and I think that often the process of cutting/separating the sheets resulted in stacks consisting of sequentially numbered notes of the same plate position. That is, separate stack of As, Bs, etc. A small point tho that probably only the most crazed NBN guys, like myself, care about.

now that you mention it, i did know about the sheets being all the same number... it is interesting that they would stack them like this or that someone new enough to hold onto different numbers... in your opinion would they be worth more in sheet order or like this? i guess technically these aren't really even consecutive

• STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    in your opinion would they be worth more in sheet order or like this? i guess technically these aren't really even consecutive

Unless you have a full cut sheet, I really don't think that there's much of a difference, or premium, either way. Just MHO of course.
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: STLNATS
    in your opinion would they be worth more in sheet order or like this? i guess technically these aren't really even consecutive

Unless you have a full cut sheet, I really don't think that there's much of a difference, or premium, either way. Just MHO of course.

• goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Kyleslie: Your fascination with consecutives like this does not denote sucker: I hate to tell you, pal, but you got a full blown case of "collector" and you're in for a fun ride. I buy and sell (and collect) paper money, and those consecutive serial numbers always whistle to me as I walk by the case and I can't help but stop to see if they need a new home. All of them. I get it. These are consecutive notes from an original pack and that's very exciting to guys like us - - can't you imagine a PACK of these Denver Nationals? I wonder if there are others from that pack in the same condition floating around? How many could be located for your stash? Is there still a partial pack somewhere? They are nice looking notes (albeit a bit thin on the bottom margin) and personally I've found that Denver material commands a premium. So there. Nice notes.
    "Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".