Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Better wax boxes for future increase? 83 vs 85

In talking about the percentage of future increase which do you like.....
83 Topps with its 3 hofers that are strong and solid or the lesser valued 85 Topps with the lower pop Clemens and McGwire that could have significant room to grow

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will go with 1985 Topps. Those were the first packs many like myself ever opened and there is a ton of potential nostalgia buyers who loved the crop of players from that set.

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    83 Topps is a personal favorite that is loaded with HOFers.

85 however has some real star power. I know from personal experience that the #30 Ripken is one of his hardest Basic Topps cards to grade in PSA 10, and they sell for a premium. At 1 point they were selling for like $400+
  • Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I like both. 85 is more exciting, but the steroid haze looms overhead and is still hard to shake. I give an edge to 83, but I think in time people forgive and forget the steroid issues. And I know, Clemens and McGuire just happened to be the ones caught, but it is what it is.
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere out there, Frank Viola & Willie McGee are wondering what they did to annoy us.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    83 topps for me

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    I will also go with '83
    Matt

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue Horseshoe likes 1985 Topps up to $100 non-BBCE
    Mike
  • Options
    PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭

Awesome Wall Street Quote!

PFB
  • Options

You can get 2+ boxes for the price of 1 1983 box. If Clemens or McGwire ever make the HOF it would increase the interest in this box.