Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OK

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
I keep getting this.

ERROR: One of the values in the url has not passed validation.

Error Code: 113

There are no uhl's in my post. I just copy and pasted from an on line source. Wont let me post. arghhhh

mark
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PITA.

Rumors abound about new software to be implemented Oct 11.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's just an unusual character. For example I got a code 113 for the symbol for one-half. Look for something obscure?

Lance.
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Remove the colon or semicolon

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lkeigwin

Sometimes it's just an unusual character. For example I got a code 113 for the symbol for one-half. Look for something obscure?

Lance.

+1 Been there, done that repeatedly.

What is ticking me off is when I start to make a reply, my response jumps up to the thread title line. image

Originally posted by: BryceM

PITA.

Are they going to "fall back" to the previous version? You know, the version that seemed to work fine?
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

it happens because at the beginning we had a choice of general or html and at the time i thought html was the way to go and i think so did pcgs but now im not so sure.

whenever some character is posted that doesnt jive with html and/or coding format, the software freaks out. very sensitive, kinda like php, css and well, probably all coding languages.

it would be like adding 1-5 extra letters and/or removing them from all your words and expecting someone to understand. more or less.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Originally posted by: lkeigwin

Lance.

I removed everything but periods and comma's and it worked! thanks

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 Been there, done that repeatedly.

What is ticking me off is when I start to make a reply, my response jumps up to the thread title line. image

Are they going to "fall back" to the previous version? You know, the version that seemed to work fine?

+1

+1

the version before this had its problems too and it apparently wasn't fixable and they couldn't upgrade w/o starting from scratch and losing the archives would be devastating and/or not being able to transfer. so to get to an updated and fully functional version, they had to use this in the intermin. better than it being down for months waiting for a totally new version.

i hope the new software accepts all the hundreds of thousands of posts this version ruined/modified by forcibly converting to html which when trying to edit and submit, wont accept. ironically.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check to see if there was any any HTML in the copied text. That will generate a Code 113.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Originally posted by: coindeuce

Check to see if there was any any HTML in the copied text. That will generate a Code 113.

There wasn't

M
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BryceM

PITA.

I sure hope so! The forums have lost more than a few members due to this wretched "upgrade". (Which is better for me than the last days of the old software were, but not by much. I still hit captchas sometimes.)

No URLs in your link?

Hmm. I dunno. I usually get it when I try posting an "https" link with the tags for a regular "http" link. (Note the differences in the message post toolbar.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: oih82w8

Agreed. That is yet another royal PITA. And don't even get me started on all the problems with the PM system.

The previous version is probably too antiquated now. I liked it fine when it worked, but unfortunately, in the last few months, it did NOT work fine for me and many others... in several different browsers. That was when the aggravation began. If we could turn back the clock to the first decade of the millennium, that would be fine by me. But it doesn't work that way, does it. Sic semper tempus fugit, or something like that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first I have heard of another software upgrade.... hope the transition goes smoothly...Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file