Home U.S. Coin Forum

Toned 1945 Jefferson MS67

VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's your take on these two auction results? Same coin, 20 months apart and vastly different prices. Which result seems more accurate to you? Disclosure - I won it last night for $84.

Sept-2016 $84

Jan-2015 $259

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to get somethin' last night night when my wireless took a dump. Other than an apparent increase of PCGS population of 43 to 49 for this YR/MM/GR, last night a lot of coins sold cheap!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you did OK......if the pics understate the color, if it were in my inventory I'd price it at about $150 or so
  • JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018 11:24AM

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two people wanted it bad the first time? You have to go by average prices for like coins to understand the rest of the equation.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm being silly, or not....

But one difference is that in the intervening period, the coin apparently rotated about 45 degrees in the holder. Does that matter? Heck no. Will it turn off a percentage of our OCD perfectionist brothers? Maybe?

I think high grade Jeffs can be a thin market....and knocking out one bidder might be enough to make a difference?

(Ok....call me crazy). image
    Easily distracted Type Collector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file