Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Adding Inventory

I have almost 300 cards I'm going to be adding to my registries tonight. On the add inventory page there is mention of being able to scan items in by their barcodes. Obviously this would make it much faster but I don't see how to do it. I tried on both my iPad and iPhone and also in the PSA app (which really could be developed into a nice tool for us) without any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Get a usb wasp scanner for $20ish bucks on eBay, works great!
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh... I think I get it now, Thank you!

I thought it was directly linked to the camera on mobile devices. I found an app for $.99 that will log them then I should be able to copy and paste and hopefully that will work. I'll update the results later tonight.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    I tried the app but it was going to be slow going so I scrapped that idea. Went to Amazon and picked up a scanner with same day free prime delivery and WOW did it make it easier. 264 cards scanned and entered into the registry in 14 min 35 secs! It is the only way to do bulk entries. Thanks again for the tip Patrick.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    I think there's a way to import certs from your own submissions. Maybe someone with expertise could explain how to do that.
  • Options
    1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    There is a free app available in the Apple App Store (not sure of availability for not-Apple products) called Zbar. It scans using the camera on your phone or other Apple device. You can then easily copy/paste the number into the PSA set registry. Sometimes it involves a little bit of moving the card around to get a scan, but has worked every time for me.
  • Options
    Yeah I tried an app too. They will work but I could type in the cert numbers faster than the camera could focus, take the pic, save it, and be ready for the next one. With the barcode scanner if I laid out 50 cards at a time I'd have them all scanned in about 15 seconds. It took longer to unstick the stuck ones and restack them then it did to scan them in.

Kevin

Kevin