Home Sports Talk

Attended an NHL preseason game

sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went to Penn State to see the Sabres vs. Wild.

I'd say the arena was 95% full.

Wasn't sure what to expect.

Thought it may be a light weight scrimmage type game.

Far from it.

It was intense, check finishing, loud, full uni's and all out.

Most impressed and it was a great game too.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre Season Hockey is great. I remember in the 80's walking up to the ticket counter at Boston Garden and buying tickets to preseason games for $12 bucks or so . The place might be half full , you get there early and watch them warm up and shoot some pucks into the stands . One time the Islanders were in town I got a Bob Nystrom puck and went down under by the locker room and he signed it .

I saw a lot of Islanders games they were my favorite opponent those late 70's early 80's Islanders teams were awesome . Nystrom was a favorite of mine , Clark Gilles what a beast I remember he beat the crap out of O'Reilly pretty much every time they fought but Terry was always game to go again . Mike Bossy was the best pure goal scorer I ever saw play in person . Billy Smith in goal chopping away at anyone that came within range .

I wish hockey games were played like that today , todays game is so dull in comparison.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed the game. New coach in Minnesota. Looks like he will be demanding more effort. Hope they have some energy left for the playoffs!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I almost went to this game but had to change my plans. Have yet to get to the Pegula arena. I'll have to try to get up there this season.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bronco,

Thanks for posting those great memories. Enjoyed them.

The Minnesota goalie was pretty active at pestering whoever camped out in front of him.

Some small foot chops and pinning down their sticks with his. Cool Stuff.

There was a nasty crosscheck to the face by this Sabre (who has issues) in front of us AND the ref.

It was with 1:30 left, making it 4 on 3, with the Wild scoring with 4 seconds left in the game. image

JoeB,

Hope your new coach works out for ya.

Also hope you don't you don't start calling HIM Bruce Boy-R-Dee. image

orioles,

Two words for you. Get there.

It's an amazing facility.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress