Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Your opinions on a custom T206 I am thinking about

As many of you know, I am putting together a slabbed T206 sub set of the New York players. As many also know, THE MICK was my idol growing up. I am thinking about having a custom card made of THE MICK to fit into my set.

I am thinking about using the below card of Elberfeld and have MICK'S face replace Elberfelds. I also like the idea of a red back, so I thought the Hindu would look good.

Any opinions as to the above? If you have other suggestions I'd really like to hear them. Thanks Guys!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I think this is a great idea!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks Patrick.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    You're welcome Doug. Are you thinking about keeping the original Elberfeld jersey in the Mantle card?
  • Options
    Patrick ... Yes, I want the Highlanders Jersey to be used. I'm going to let the maker of the card give me his opinion as well, but right now I want the custom to replicate the above card, except with THE MICK. There are so many different backs on the T-206s, but I thought a rare red back would go well with the red background on the front.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    No other opinions? I'll wait until tomorrow and then decide what I am going to do.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I think it is a cool idea matching two of your passions.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customs aren't my thing, but a couple thoughts...

When I think Mick/Yanks, blue is the first color that comes to mind. Not sure if any T206 Yanks have a blue background, but should be easy enough to change the background color for any maker of customs. The Sunset backgrounds are some of my favorite from the T206 set (Orval Overall, Foley White, Lou Fiene, etc.) and could look pretty sweet as well.

I like the rare back idea, but don't think color coordinating from front to back makes any difference. It's not like you can see them both at the same time.
  • Options
    Have to have a Yankee Blue background
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Good idea regarding the blue background guys. Yes, there are some Highlanders that do have the blue background. While it is not "Yankee" blue, the Jack Knight card and one of the Hal Chase cards do have a mid/dark blue background. Definitely will have to consider that idea. Thanks so much for your input.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    You could even go with the sky blue to echo the 52T Mick.
  • Options
    I'm surprised this hasn't been made already. I did a google search and found nothing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5
    I'm surprised this hasn't been made already. I did a google search and found nothing.

Ditto, found tons of Mantle customs, but nothing even tobacco size.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5

Ditto, found tons of Mantle customs, but nothing even tobacco size.

It will be done soon!!!! image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your idea.

I've been wanting to make a T207 of Babe Ruth as a Red Sock, and then make a few others also, but am completely lost on how to do it image

Steve
  • Options
    Originally posted by: SDSportsFan
    I like your idea. I've been wanting to make a T207 of Babe Ruth as a Red Sock, and then make a few others also, but am completely lost on how to do it image Steve

Steve ... Fellow board member Tanner (Mouschi) will be making the custom for me. PM him if you are interested in having him make a custom for you.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug