Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Adding a TCMA PSA Card to a Master Set

Does PSA grade cards then not allow them into sets?
Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• can psa create a stone so heavy that even they could not lift it?
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Most Master Sets from the "major" team sports limit cards to those released during the athlete's playing years.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Originally posted by: gregmo32

Most Master Sets from the "major" team sports limit cards to those released during the athlete's playing years.

Right. OP, who is the player and which TCMA set is the card from?
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    1981 Fran Tarkenton. Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot not allowing ANY cards in the Master Set after playing days. I've noticed the HOF set ripe with after career additions. I only submit cards that were published during their playing days. This was for a friend. If it is a MASTER set why not?
    I figured it was because TCMA is technically not a player,league or a team set.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: psychump
    1981 Fran Tarkenton. Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot not allowing ANY cards in the Master Set after playing days. I've noticed the HOF set ripe with after career additions. I only submit cards that were published during their playing days. This was for a friend. If it is a MASTER set why not?
    I figured it was because TCMA is technically not a player,league or a team set.

Request a Tarkenton Super set with same cards as master set plus cards that were made after his retirement.

• skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: psychump

If it is a MASTER set why not?

You'd think Master would include everything but it is only for playing years. Collecting everything, all years, is a "Super Set", of which I'm unsure PSA has.

^PMKAY beat me to it.

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to hijack but is there a PSA term for a set registry made up of cards that are produced during the players career but is cards only? Excluding stickers, 7/11 discs etc..?

Kevin

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LOTSOS
    Not to hijack but is there a PSA term for a set registry made up of cards that are produced during the players career but is cards only? Excluding stickers, 7/11 discs etc..?

Basic and Collectors Issues.