Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rather then waiting on PSA hold for an hour.....

maybe you can help me.

Submitting PSA's Card Submission form, done them in the past but never with a Qualifier. I see the box to leave unchecked for No Qualifier, but how do you list the qualifier you want the card graded under, for me I have small pen marks on back of card so (MK) is what I want to put on the form, but where?

I expect in the Card Name box next to the players name ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to list anything. PSA will determine what qualifier to use.

James
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jfkheat

You don't need to list anything. PSA will determine what qualifier to use.

James

+1
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    When did you wait on hold for an hour? For that matter, has anyone here ever waited on hold for an hour? That would shock me. Their phone aptitude at least outweighs their ability to please impatient people.
  • Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Thanks,

Ok I exaggerated on the hold time, I 've called PSA 3-4 times waited at least 15-20 minutes each time and they were very professional.
  • Options
    I'd say 10 minutes is standard, longer on a Monday.
  • Options
    Alright then. They still rank ahead of the bank, the credit card company, the Internet/phone/cable company, the medical insurance company, the police & my doctor's office.

Kudos.
  • Options
    Police? Lol
  • Options
    You noticed that. image
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    I called this morning about my collectors club renewal around 10:20 central time and was on hold less than 5 minutes before I spoke to an operator. I never have a problem with long wait times when I call.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Try calling Select Comfort and see how long you have to wait. P.S. Don't believe it when the recorded message says expect a wait time of 15 minutes.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I called PSA twice a few weeks ago and was placed on hold for about 20 minutes each time before I hung up. I emailed them and still haven't received a response! SGC responded to my email the next day and got my business.
  • Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    I'm still hung up on why you would WANT to request a qualifier. Depending on the defect, there's always a chance it gets missed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5

I called PSA twice a few weeks ago and was placed on hold for about 20 minutes each time before I hung up. I emailed them and still haven't received a response! SGC responded to my email the next day and got my business.

Do the PSA customer service staff handle grading, autographs, etc.? What about SGC staff?
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dennis07
    Try calling Select Comfort and see how long you have to wait. P.S. Don't believe it when the recorded message says expect a wait time of 15 minutes.

Select Comfort, what a great pull.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Batpig

I'm still hung up on why you would WANT to request a qualifier. Depending on the defect, there's always a chance it gets missed.

No chance PSA will miss it, the card is a HOF rookie that I bought knowing their was a mark on the back. From what I read on this forum, if I use a Qualifier I will get a high grade with a MK.

I think a PSA 6 MK will get me more money than a PSA 3 with no qualifier.

What does everyone think

Thanks
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    If the qualifier is a MK, I don't think you can ask for no qualifier. That and a MC will ALWAYS be part of the grade.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Dboneesq

If the qualifier is a MK, I don't think you can ask for no qualifier. That and a MC will ALWAYS be part of the grade.

Yup. PSA states in writing that even if you request no qualifier, they still can decide to give it a qualifier. And MK is unavoidable.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

I've called PSA 3 times over the past few weeks. Once I was on hold for 15 minutes. Once I was one hold for 25 minutes. And once I gave up.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I just checked my email that I sent them. August 29th and still no reply.