Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

2016 Glendale Coin Club Gold & Silver Coin Raffle - 10/23/16 - Top Prize PCGS MS63 1932 $10 Indian!

It is that time of year again! I have posted similar threads in connection with our coin club's annual fundraiser in the past few years and forum members have won prizes every time, including one member winning the big prize in 2011 and forum members winning the top two prizes in 2013! In 2015, 5 of the 15 prizes went to forum members buying through me! You can see my previous years' threads here:

2015 thread
2014 thread
2013 thread
2012 thread
2011 thread

As you may know, I am the current President of the Glendale, CA Coin Club. We put on an annual local coin show and this year it will be in Van Nuys, CA on Sunday, October 23, 2016 at the Van Nuys Masonic Hall. At the show, our annual Gold & Silver Coin Drawing will be held at 4:00 p.m. The club purchases the gold and silver coins during the year and raffles them off at our show to bring people in to our show and to raise funds for the club. Of course, the gold and silver coins are a significant expense so we must sell a bunch of tickets just to break even, let alone get into the black. For the past five years, our raffle has been successful thanks in part to the many forum members who have supported the club.

Our 2016 raffle is looking to be another great one. 15 Gold and Silver Coins will be given out in the raffle as follows:

2016 Glendale Coin Club Silver & Copper Medal Set
2012 Canada Silver Cougar NGC MS69
1887 Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS MS64
1900 Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS MS64
2013-P Australia $2 Gold Koala PCGS PR69DCAM
1981 Israel Gold Medal NGC MS66
1981 Israel Gold Medal NGC MS66
1863-BB France 10 Francs Gold PCGS XF40
2006-W Gold $5 Eagle 1/10 PCGS MS69
1888 $2.5 Liberty Gold PCGS AU58
Top Prize: 1932 $10 Indian Gold Eagle PCGS MS63!

Here are a couple of quick pics of some of the prizes:

As you can see, all of the silver and gold coins this year are certified with the exception of our club medals which were made by Daniel Carr. You may recall that our club offered those 2016 medals to forum members on a pre-order basis earlier this year.

The medals were delivered to us at this year's ANA World's Fair of Money in Anaheim and I think they are the best ones we have had done to date and have again proved to be quite popular in the aftermarket.

In order to have a chance to win one or more of the above coins, you must buy tickets!! I'm posting them for sale here because you do NOT need to be in attendance to win!!!

Tickets are only $2 each or six (6) tickets for $10. Just think of how cool it will be to tell your friends you bought a gold or silver coin for only $2!!! image Payment by cash, check, money order or PayPal works, whatever is easiest for you.

This year we are again adding incentives to buy more tickets and an opportunity to get some of our 2016 Glendale Coin Club Medals which were made by Daniel Carr. Accordingly, the following packages are available, but quantities of the medals are very limited so it’s first come first served until we run out of the club’s extra medals:

$50.00 for 30 tickets + FREE Copper 2016 Glendale Coin Club Medal

$150.00 for 90 tickets + FREE Copper & Silver 2016 Glendale Coin Club Medals

Let me know if you'd like some tickets and I'll fill them out and make sure they get into the drawing. I'll also mail you the ticket stubs upon request (at no charge) if you would like them for your records. I'm making nothing in selling these, just trying to help out the coin club and allow the forum members a chance to have fun and to win it big!

I will also have tickets for sale at our table at the Buena Park Coin Show held October 1-2, 2016 and I'll have some of the 2016 Glendale Coin Club medals available there too.

Here is a picture of one of the tickets for reference:

Additionally, to show my personal appreciation to the forum and to support our club, and because I want to make guarantee at least one forum member wins something this year too, I will hold my own independent drawing for one of the limited edition 2016 Australia Silver Kangaroo PCGS Gem BU Sample Slabs made up for the Glendale Coin Club and Verdugo Hills Coin Club Joint Meeting held at the ANA World's Fair of Money in Anaheim in August 2016. So at least one forum member is certain to win regardless of how many buy tickets!

The 2016 Australia Kangaroo PCGS Sample Slab will be awarded to a lucky forum member who purchased raffle tickets through me here (or at a show). Again, this is completely separate from the coin club raffle and I will select the winner of this special forum member only prize by a separate random draw. You'll get one chance in my draw for each coin club raffle ticket purchased. Good luck!

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like to participate!

Thanks again for all of your support!

Mike

Comments