Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

VCP question

For those of you who subscribe do you use it for hockey? And if so do you feel it would be a good tool for hockey exclusively?

If you don't use it for hockey and you have a few minutes if you where to take a look a using it for hockey and give me your opinion of it compared to the sports you use I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to reply!

Kevin

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    I have a friend who exclusively collects hockey and he has a VCP membership. He also sells a lot of hockey. I have a feeling he would recommend a subscription, but maybe he'll chime in himself here. His handle is MrHockey
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think VCP is an asset to any vintage card collector or seller. While not all auction houses prices are not included, a few of the bigger and more popular ones are as well as almost all Ebay sales. One thing to keep in mind about VCP is that not all cards with a particular grade are created equal. For example, if you look up a PSA 8 of about any card and see some sales that are a good bit lower or higher than the average, look at the image of the card. The ones that are lower than average are usually off centered and the higher ones are usually perfectly centered. I think VCP is well worth the few dollars a month that it cost

James

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    There are fewer HK cards for sale than most other sports.

In general just looking at cards currently 4sale is not a good indication of what they may sell for.

Sine VCP doesn't really give you modern cards its for vintage.

If you spend anything around $100 for a single card then the cost of membership may well be worth it.

It gives you a trend also. I think it helps me tremendously for all the sports.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Knowledge is power...

VCP provides knowledge...

Well worth the investment!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Kevin ... I am not a hockey collector. However, while there may not be as many results for hockey as for baseball, I would guess that if you are an avid hockey collector, VCP will be well worth the subscription price.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm going to sign up over this next week and give it a go.

Kevin

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    The great thing is, if you use it for a month or two and you don't like it or it isn't useful, just cancel your membership.