Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Beware of seller .... !!!

To make a long story short, I purchased some coins from this individual. I never received the items, refund, or emails back from him. He's more active in the sports card forum. I'm posting this to try to prevent others from becoming a victim.

Name: Greg Washington
User name: gregwash
Email: thegregsterscards@outlook.com

Thanks !!!
Timbuk3

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Couple of threads already about this person. Makes excuses about delivery, doesnt send item, etc etc
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timbuk3- Sorry you got ripped off by that lowlife.

Thanks for taking the time to make sure we've heard of him and his dirty dealings on this forum.
    I hope you are able to get your money back.
    Darin
  • Options
    He responded to a post where I was looking for Topps Heritage Baseball SSP variations. I heard a number of excuses and I felt uncomfortable with the answers I was receiving. I contacted PayPal for a refund which placed a freeze on his account. This dealer his hurt and bewilderment with me and another buyer who had a similar problem at the same time. I took the responsibility for cancelling the deal and grudgingly gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now all I can grant him is doubt. It is time for CU to take action.
  • Options
    Sorry this happened to you.

I learned to always be wary of anyone who refers to themselves by adding an "ster" to the end of their name. Like the Dougster. Or The Jimster. Not surprised to see his email as "thegregster"

• Options
    Lol now that I think about it, that "Ster" rule is ironclad! Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    This seller claims to work shows, I imagine in the Indiana area. Has anyone dealt with him face to face or has seen his display set up?
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I emailed him a couple of times this week and got
    no response !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    The troubling thing to me is that he appears to still be a member of this forum. How many bad deals are you allowed before you get banned?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain. I hope things work out for you.

The Bobster