Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just Completed my Jim Rice Basic Topps Set!

This was my first completed set for a Sox HOFer. There are 16 cards, 1975 to 1990. All my 70's cards are 9's, the rest are 10's. Hopefully you guys can help me upgrade some of the 9's! Enjoy the scans.

1975 - 1978

Fronts

Backs

Comments

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    1979 - 1982

Fronts

Backs
  • Options
    1983 - 1986

Fronts

Backs
  • Options
    1987 - 1990

Fronts

Backs
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    what a hitter

What a nice collection love em!!!
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    This is an awesome accomplishment, congrats! I really enjoy looking at your other player sets too. Great work.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Willie Randolph, Mookie Wilson and Jim Rice are all great players from that era from the State of South Carolina. Always enjoy seeing those cards.

Jim Rice also really mashed it on RBI Baseball on NES.

Really like the '78 and '80 cards.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Always nice to finish a project!
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love doing basic Topps runs in football and baseball, especially when they span multiple decades like Jim Rice. This is what I enjoy most about collecting Thanks for posting, and congratulations.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    congrats!!! nice cards. the grading break down is what i strive for too for those years.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words. Currently working on a bunch of other Sox players. Previously finished Conigliaro, Petrocelli, and Monte. Love seeing how the Topps cards progressed through the years.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: K

Thanks for the kind words. Currently working on a bunch of other Sox players. Previously finished Conigliaro, Petrocelli, and Monte. Love seeing how the Topps cards progressed through the years.

My favorite of your sets is the Petrocelli. When my Yaz progress starts to slow down, Rico is next on my hit list.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Great set

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!

Here is my good cop/bad cop thoughts...

Hard to tell from the quality of the scans... but neither the 1975 or 1976 look like they should be in 9 holders. The centering and the obvious print dot on the 75... shocked it's a 9. The 1976, that looks like a flawless card... how is that not a 10?

So hard to tell from the scans, but that 76 and the 85 look like the sharpest of the bunch!

Great collection and good luck with the upgrade quest!
  • Options
    Without getting into too much detail, years ago I bought a fellow collectors, 70's decade set. The 75 Rice RC was among the cards purchased, along with a 72 Fisk RC in PSA 9, all the Yaz cards, and a whole bunch of 10's. Slowly I've been upgrading over the past 6 years. However I'm now focusing on other decades to push toward the ultimate goal of having a complete, high grade, Topps Red Sox run.

I'd love to upgrade the 77-79 Rice cards, if they were available for a reasonable price. Right now I'm content with what I have.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Great job!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking set! Well done and congrats. Nothing like finishing off a player run.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding congrats.