Home Sports Talk
Options

Where in the WORLD did they get this new guy on Monday Night Football!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
OMG!! He makes you want to slit your wrists.

Bring back Mike......PLEASE!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with him?
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

OMG!! He makes you want to slit your wrists.

Bring back Mike......PLEASE!!!!

You have a better chance getting Cosell back since Tirico doesn't work for ESPN anymore.

I like Sean McDonough.he will be fine. Gruden annoys me.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gruden has parlayed a Super Bowl championship that Tony Dungy left behind on a silver platter into this notion that he is the greatest football mind since Bill Walsh. Talk about maximizing your return.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15
    Gruden has parlayed a Super Bowl championship that Tony Dungy left behind on a silver platter into this notion that he is the greatest football mind since Bill Walsh. Talk about maximizing your return.

I like Gruden. He knows football. It must be something personal with you on him.

I would LOVE to have him at Dallas......of course Jerry would have to be gone...Gruden would have to have complete control as coach and Jerry will never let that happen. That's why Jimmy Johnson left.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

Originally posted by: grote15

I like Gruden. He knows football. It must be something personal with you on him.

I would LOVE to have him at Dallas......of course Jerry would have to be gone...Gruden would have to have complete control as coach and Jerry will never let that happen. That's why Jimmy Johnson left.

The only thing personal here is between you and Tony Romo, lol..

Gruden was a slightly above average coach who inherited a Tampa Bay team that was already built to win the Super Bowl. It may not have been exactly Switzer-like, but it certainly wasn't Lombardi-like, either.

Gruden will never come back to coaching. He's got all his fans fooled and he makes a ton of money doing very little. Why come back and jeopardize the persona you've created? He's be a slightly better version of his brother in Washington.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Sean McDonough has been broadcasting at the National level since the early 90's. He has stood the test of time and that is probably why he got the MNF job. He knows his stuff. I too would like to see someone other than Gruden as the
    analyst.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    OMG!!!
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those MNF games I have zero interest in.

Two 1-3 teams, doesn't do it.

Gotta believe not many will watch except regionally.

But I can be shallow so I may be wrong.

Looks like its baseball tonight.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    I always watch MNF.......no matter who is playing.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    MNF is no longer must watch TV. The more compelling game is always on Sunday night. Plus playoff baseball is on, so I had completely forgotten about football. I even had a player going tonight, and so did my opponent.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

They haven't really been Monday Night Football since they left ABC and especially when they got rid of Hank Williams Jr out of stupid political correctness.

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are talking about Sean Mcdonough did anyone see last week when he stated on air that the game was unwatchable? :D I think he is too honest for Roger and will be reassigned

• Options

I'm beginning to like him. He doesn't have that manufactured excitement that so many commentators employ these days.

• Options

He is still too dry for me.

• Options

I think he is very good. Maybe he will grow on you

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

McDonough fan here. His pipes have always been music to my ears. Nothing against Tirico, but I was excited about the change.

What about his cohort? How many times per game must we be forced to digest "Sean, I really like this guy...."?

• Options

Gruden is a hack. But I give him credit ~never in histiry has an average head coach created such a living legend persona like Gruden has.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone's better than Joe Buck.
    Not looking forward to his monotone drone during the WS.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Gruden is a hack. But I give him credit ~never in histiry has an average head coach created such a living legend persona like Gruden has.

You keep saying this.......but Gruden KNOWS football. I would love to have him at Dallas instead of the bystander we have now.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

You keep saying this.......but Gruden KNOWS football. I would love to have him at Dallas instead of the bystander we have now.

I don't dispute that Gruden knows football but he's still overrated as a head coach.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I don't dispute that Gruden knows football but he's still overrated as a head coach.

I don't think he is overrated at all. I know you feel he came into Tampa a team built by Dungee(sp) sorta like Switzer in Dallas.

The difference stops there......Gruden knows football and how to coach......Switzer was a joke and still won a SB.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    McDonough fan here. His pipes have always been music to my ears. Nothing against Tirico, but I was excited about the change.

What about his cohort? How many times per game must we be forced to digest "Sean, I really like this guy...."?

Gruden is lazy as a color commentator.

mark

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Gruden is lazy as a color commentator.

mark

I have a difficult time trying to decide if it's slightly humorous or borderline pitiful. Just watch, next Monday night someone is going to break off a 6-yd run and here it comes -- "Sean, let me tell you something. I love this kid. He could play for me anytime..." lol