Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

A picture is worth more

than I can type since I am not typer.

I just got these back. It was a blind crossover - I cut them out and submitted them raw with some other raw notes.

As usual in these cases, quite interesting. What do you think?

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061

Comments

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    What did you think of the grades after you cut them out, but before you submitted them, particularly the star notes?

Seems like lower value notes were graded accurately. Higher value notes were a different matter.
  • Options
    outtacashouttacash Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    not bad, considering
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice notes, and nice grades.

Why such a big hit on the grade on the $2 star ? I find it hard to believe that it is only a 53 flat, unless there is something the scan is not showing.
  • Options
    outtacashouttacash Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    it may be pressed
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: outtacash

it may be pressed

Makes sense for no Q, but I know of lots of 63's and 64's that have been pressed (sometimes doctored half to death).

On the other hand, I know of CGA 67's that are clearly AU.

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gnat

What did you think of the grades after you cut them out, but before you submitted them, particularly the star notes?

I knew they were not what the original holder stated but I did not do a thorough inspection of them.

Seems like lower value notes were graded accurately. Higher value notes were a different matter.

That was my original thought as well.

Originally posted by: luckybucks

Nice notes, and nice grades.

Thanks!

Why such a big hit on the grade on the $2 star ? I find it hard to believe that it is only a 53 flat, unless there is something the scan is not showing.

I knew it would be AU. Yes, you cannot see it in the scan - only in hand with correct lighting.

Originally posted by: luckybucks

it may be pressed Correct.

Makes sense for no Q, but I know of lots of 63's and 64's that have been pressed (sometimes doctored half to death).

Correct - no Q is correct grade - corner fold and soft corner and pressed with no more embossing that one would expect to see on a 67.

On the other hand, I know of CGA 67's that are clearly AU.

Well this is another example of one.

My assessment is the notes came back spot on. I just wanted them graded correctly. Kudos to Laura and Jason and company. Thank you!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

• Options
    I can see the 1923 E $5 with a pretty hard fold and wear in the middle, but the 1928G two does not seem to be bad. Without it in hand, it could be the paper quality is not there.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanCong

I can see the 1923 E $5 with a pretty hard fold and wear in the middle, but the 1928G two does not seem to be bad. Without it in hand, it could be the paper quality is not there.

Yes, the $5 is a VF with a few folds (hard) - more than a XF should have. The $2 has been played with so no Q is correct - not as made quality.

Jim61

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not bad, considering