Home Sports Talk
Options

The dishonorable honoring of Joe Paterno

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think of Penn State as a class act program. Now I just turn the page with disgust. How can they honor him?

This photo tells me all I need to know.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible and unbelievable. Why would they ever do this

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

The above quote from Joe Paterno himself. To have first hand knowledge and obviously condoned this insane pedophilia by one of his coaches is beyond unforgiveable. Better he had been caught trafficking cocaine than living with the fact that his coach was taking showers with little boys AND for a long period of time.

Paterno has for all eternity tarnished Penn State University in a manner that can never be erased, or forgiven.

That the powers to be would want to honor this man in such a manner and after such a long period of time, will only "pick the scab" and remind everyone of the horrible crimes that were committed under the very nose of the Head Coach, who thought winning was more important than protecting children who were being sexually abused.

You own it Joe, for all eternity, you own it.

SHAME ON PENN STATE administrators who have schemed this insane tribute!!!
  • Options
    Well said and I agree 100%.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So incredibly difficult to fathom. The criminality and feigned ignorance date back to 1976.

Link

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Bliss.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless Penn State grows some balls and takes the final step to distance themselves from this once and for all it will never go away. they need to disavow the University from a man who enabled a sexual predator and turn their back on it.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that a few people can ruin the reputation of a school forever. This will never leave Penn State.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one here who thinks even if this whole pedophilia thing never happened, the halo over JoePa's head is way over the top? I mean, he was a football coach, not any kind of saint or something.

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    People act like paterno was a police detective or something. Blame the police not paterno. Paterno is a legend.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    Originally posted by: garnettstyle
    People act like paterno was a police detective or something. Blame the police not paterno. Paterno is a legend.

That's about what I expected from you.

You're right, he is a legend, just in the wrong way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: garnettstyle

Do you have children?

Wait, don't answer I don't want to know.

Sports is so low down the totem pole on what's truly important in life to me. I think this is why we disagree on just about everything.

Your statement makes me ill

Joe Pa is a villain. Not a legend.

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

do you think before you post or just try to be the ultimate contrarian??? it is well understood and documented that things like what Sandusky did and Paterno chose to ignore(and in doing so, condoned) scar people for their entire lives. I believe that if he hadn't died when he did that Paterno would have died in prison. memorializing him is so wrong that it can't be properly expressed here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: keets

do you think before you post or just try to be the ultimate contrarian??? it is well understood and documented that things like what Sandusky did and Paterno chose to ignore(and in doing so, condoned) scar people for their entire lives. I believe that if he hadn't died when he did that Paterno would have died in prison. memorializing him is so wrong that it can't be properly expressed here.

Bingo. Extremely well said Keets. I'm still shaking my head and cleaning up the puke

mark

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    A Penn State friend posted on Facebook the other day about he can't believe the university was honoring Paterno yesterday and that for him it was wrong for the school to be honoring Paterno. One of my friend's fellow Penn State alum posted that she still loves Paterno. Another indicated that he thinks Paterno made the misfortune of trusting others in addressing the problem. Sort of pathetic to me that anybody could not think ill of Paterno. He KNEW and took no action. That is almost worse than Sandusky as Sandusky was obviously very mentally ill in addition to being a criminal. The whole thing sickens me but the worst part is that anybody would stand and cheer for Paterno yesterday. Revolting!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

A Penn State friend posted on Facebook the other day about he can't believe the university was honoring Paterno yesterday and that for him it was wrong for the school to be honoring Paterno. One of my friend's fellow Penn State alum posted that she still loves Paterno. Another indicated that he thinks Paterno made the misfortune of trusting others in addressing the problem. Sort of pathetic to me that anybody could not think ill of Paterno. He KNEW and took no action. That is almost worse than Sandusky as Sandusky was obviously very mentally ill in addition to being a criminal. The whole thing sickens me but the worst part is that anybody would stand and cheer for Paterno yesterday. Revolting!

Joe put his football program and his legacy first. Yes, revolting

mark
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

Joe put his football program and his legacy first. Yes, revolting

mark

Truly sad and sickening.