Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

A cluttered desk

Isn't always a bad thing image

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read on the Internet (so it must be true), that people who have messy desks are more intelligent. Makes me a rocket scientist.

Kindest thing anyone ever said about my desk (after I magically pulled a specific paper out of a large pile upon request)... "Ah, you are geographically organized".

That's a nice haul for straitening a desk though!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it look alright to me
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stork

I read on the Internet (so it must be true), that people who have messy desks are more intelligent. Makes me a rocket scientist.

The direct quote is "A messy desk is the sign of a brilliant mind" Thank goodness there is some explanation of my desk with sundry monetary objects lying about all o'er the 1.5 metre wide expanse, even have a Katanga cross as a paper weight holding all the sundry papers about.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not so bad..........however I think it's staged image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It IS staged. What's worse, I think the Bu is upside down image

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    read on the Internet (so it must be true), that people who have messy desks are more intelligent. Makes me a rocket scientist.

Cathy, knowing your educational and professional background, I say you fit in the intelligent category.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Nice!

All I ever find while cleaning my desk is homework and exams I forgot to grade...

Originally posted by: Stork

I'm right there with you, Stork! image

My desk usually looks like (is) a disaster zone. It is somewhat organized right now given it's only the second week back teaching, but give it two more and I'll be buried in clutter!
    "A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money." - W. C. Fields
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish my desk clutter looked more like Weiss'.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought exactly although, if it did, the fabric would have terrible coffee stains.
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    You are forgiven now that you have corrected your bu problem.
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    But beautifully cluttered. Nice coins.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weiss always takes the coolest pictures of coins and bullion. image
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: asheland

Weiss always takes the coolest pictures of coins and bullion. image

Thanks! I try to take pictures that would make me stop and say "Wow, I want those coins!".

Here's a re-work of the Bu with the piece the way it should have been image

--Severian the Lame
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭