Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Poll: Which plastic will sell for more this weekend?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: illini420

Originally posted by: BStrauss3

3,499.99 for the Regency... 3,740.00 for the NGC Black

We have a winner!

As to why 'nobody knows the history' - these things weren't considered important at the time, they didn't think there would be interest, the data was lost when systems changed, etc.

Do we have a winner??? Regency sample hammered higher image

Was surprised at how close the final prices were... wouldn't have guessed that.

Show me the credit card statements for both coins, and I will show you which sold for more (NGC).
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jwitten

Originally posted by: illini420

3,499.99 for the Regency... 3,740.00 for the NGC Black

We have a winner!

As to why 'nobody knows the history' - these things weren't considered important at the time, they didn't think there would be interest, the data was lost when systems changed, etc.

Do we have a winner??? Regency sample hammered higher image

Was surprised at how close the final prices were... wouldn't have guessed that.

Show me the credit card statements for both coins, and I will show you which sold for more (NGC).

Great sales on both coins! I'm guessing that the NGC coin falls under the Great Collections no buyers fee sales because of the price. So the consignor likely netted very near the hammer price. Had that coin been sold at one of the other major auction houses, they would have probably netted less than the Regency.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all of Mikes sales this weekend, another cool piece went under the radar screen for most.

PCGS 30th Anniversary medal in silver. Only 32 made, 1 for each founding dealer/member, $560.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Lakesammman
    With all of Mikes sales this weekend, another cool piece went under the radar screen for most.

PCGS 30th Anniversary medal in silver. Only 32 made, 1 for each founding dealer/member, $560.

That's pretty darn cool and not a bad price it realized. But I would guess that some bidders missed it completely... I know I did!

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

NGC ended @ 3400 [3740 with bp] now we wait...

The NGC Black Walker is now on sale at CRO with an added gold bean for $4750!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file