Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Worst Ebay packaging....

So I got a package and it was really put through the ringer. It's a bubble wrap envelope but as soon as I touched it, it felt flat as flat can be. No bubble wrap insert left. So as soon as I pulled this out, several things came to mind...

1 - Package is in a very sorry state and why is there duct tape on one end?

2 - Looks like it has a weird shipping label - maybe one of those sorry but here's your package from the USPS...

3 - Whatever treasure I bought is done for...

4 - Now I have to go online, go to Ebay / Paypal, file a claim for damaged merchandise and send a carefully worded email to the seller with pics....

5 - This sucks....

So after stewing about it and I have to get it over with, I opened it to see what treasure was destroyed...

Despite the hundreds of creases and folds in the package, not a single mark on the book. NO creases, No marks, No bends, nothing.... For once a happy ending... So now the question is who thought using this envelope was a good idea? Strange things....

So what other weird packages have people received? Post a pic if you can...

Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade

Comments

• Options
    Lucky! Good that it was ok
  • Options
    Oh I have received many parcels that were beat up, had no or little protection and have had a number of pmg notes bent up. Seller's need to learn one golden rule: Never leave it in the hands of the Post Office. Because they don't care and won't be careful.
  • Options
    I had one note show up in a bubble mailer with just the note thrown in it. No plastic sleeve, no cardboard, just the note. Somehow it was undamaged.
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CurrenSee
    I had one note show up in a bubble mailer with just the note thrown in it. No plastic sleeve, no cardboard, just the note. Somehow it was undamaged.

Yes, like a coin guy who doesn't know currency so packs it like a coin...

...although there are some currency dealers here who don't pack currency with any support
  • Options
    The WORST was getting the California Blackout note in JUST AN ENVELOPE with a stamp & the envelope was damn near see through... A 5 figure UNIQUE STAR test note....
    Buying, Selling & collecting for over 30 Years!

I only COLLECT $2.00 FANCY #s but errors, fancy numbers, uncut sheets & autographed currency are my areas of expertise. Always glad to help when I can!
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Yes, too many times!!!!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    I have had many nightmares in my 16+ years on eBay. One that comes to mind was a rare low print modern day star note, well packed in a legal envelope with a good piece of cardboard. Problem, the cardboard was not a nice rectangle but the ends were angled like a trapezoid or parallelogram. What must have happened is those wheels that shoot the mail from one place to another in the shipping assembly line jammed the edge of the angled cardboard in such a way that the wheel just burned right through the envelope to the other side. They did deliver though. I remember my postal guy just threw it through the window and could not run out of the vestibule fast enough.

Lately I have been taking a short video of suspect packages just in case, especially returns.