Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

What is the 1964-D Peace Dollar in Paper Money

I would assume the equivalent would be like some of the early large denomination bills that are all thought to be redeemed and none outstanding?
I have plans....sometimes

Comments

• Options
    yes, would agree: large size $5000 and $10000 notes

(and not the cheesy 1900 punch cancelled $10000's)
  • Options
    1928A gold certificates w/ Mills signature... also, 1933A $10 silver certificates

and i think 1928C FRN's on districts that are unknown but were printed
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    The 1934B and C $500 bills are on the list.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    1934B NY $100's
  • Options
    uzuiwekuzuiwek Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    What about that Boston NGBN?
    SPMC LM #405 - Collector of Ohio obsoletes. And other stuff, that I'm not going to tell you, so you don't buy it before I do.
  • Options
    the $1000 ?
  • Options
    this would be on the list if any were printed:

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1000 National

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    SlasherSlasher Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    $1000 National would absolutely be the grand prize that would likely sell for several million.
    To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!!!
  • Options
    $4-5 million
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    1933A $10 SC

1928B $5 LGS: A*, B*, C*, E*, G*, I*, J*, K*

Most 1928A LGS $50 and $100 stars.
  • Options
    berylberyl Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    1964D Peace dollars although created are not legal to own according to the government which would claim a la the $1933 20 dollar gold pieces that they were never monetized because they were not officially released.

$1000 nationals - if any of the outstanding notes materialize - would certainly be legal and wonderful to own. I wonder if at least two collectors would have $4 million and enough interest to buy one - it would seem to be a good investment unless the person who found them had more than one, but chose to release them one at a time - but who knows.

Most of the other mentioned notes would also be legal to own and thus not similar to a 1964D Peace dollar. I think the $20 USN above, if any were printed, would qualify as comparable to a 1964D Peace dollar or perhaps a printed $10 Educational note would be the paper money equivalent of the supposedly destroyed silver dollars.
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    $100,000 Gold Certificate is similar in being actually printed, but not legal to own. BEP often displays uncut sheets of these.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: gnat
    $100,000 Gold Certificate is similar in being actually printed, but not legal to own. BEP often displays uncut sheets of these.

Yes, and like the white whale and the 1964D Peace dollar encountering
    one may well lead to your ruin. However unlike the white whale and the 1964D peace dollar it's commonly seen (at least at BEP displays) and not the subject of a quest for a hidden, somewhat mysterious object.
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mbwizkid

I want one: 1928/1934 mule!
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, that would be sweet!!!
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gnat

The FRB in SF has a sheet, at least they did when I was in high school.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 2ndCharter
    $1000 National

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mbwizkid

I thought your copy was serial#00000012...