Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Post your LB Heritage wins

Surprised at some of the results. Some went much cheaper than I thought and some went way higher.

$5 1934 SC 67PPQ sold for $500!? (I didn't expect it to cross the $350 range and bowed out at that point)

$2 1928E LT 67PPQ sold for $881 (I won this note and am happy I lost the last one that went for $1300 a few years back. PCGS Pop 8/1 is no joke for a popular $2 LT series.

Comments

• Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    ????
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won a couple. Don't know how to post pictures.
    1) Fr 40* $1 1923 LTN PMG 64 EPQ #18930
    2) Fr 105 $10 1880 LTN PCGS 64 #18967

Thanks !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, CMCART on your purchase !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Another nice one Larry!

Couple of nice ones Timbuk3!

Congrats! image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went 2-for-2 in the Nationals session Thursday night. It was so nice to have the New York notes go off at 10:30 PM Eastern Time rather than near 2:00 AM in the Stacks ANA marathon session. Both pieces went for a bit less than I was prepared to go which is always nice.

They were the #1 Red Seal on Lynbrook, NY and the #2 Red Seal on Theresa, NY.

Will post pictures as soon as they arrive in the mail.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    Didn't bid. I was interested in a couple of notes, but my rep told me to pass.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    SlasherSlasher Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    The prices were certainly up, down and/or right on the mark today. Managed to buy about 250 lots in today's session. Market overall seemed acceptable enough considering that it's been floundering off and on for over a year now.
    To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!!!
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked up this one today! I already had the B-B block and needed this B-A image

• Options
    Nice GEM 204 there! Congrats! image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Bid on a couple notes, but apparently not enough. Both were "would be nice to haves" (not need to have), so when they went strong, I bailed.

Some good buys were to be had, no doubt, just not for the notes which interested me.

Tooky, the NY 204 Back was a good snag. Congratulations.

• Options
    Originally posted by: Tookybandit

Picked up this one today! I already had the B-B block and needed this B-A image

I knew that one had your name written all over it! image
  • Options

Thanks guys! I was super happy to pick it up, and at a nice price too.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    1 for 2. Because of the unhappy experience during the territorial period, Missouri prohibited banking until the establishment of the state's "pet" Bank of the State of MO with non-state affiliated banks of issue coming on line in the 1850s. Many/most of these converted to national banks and redeemed virtually all of their notes. Consequently STL obsoletes are generally unavailable (aka expensive) even in proof form. I was happy to get this pretty obsolete to cover the bank.

Edited to add: The description of the note is a bit amusing. That's the "old" courthouse in the city of STL NOT the state capital. It's still here and has been extensively restored altho nothing around it is the same. A sad comment of the times is that it is said the slaves were sold on the steps of the courthouse before the civil war...

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Very cool note!
  • Options
    I agree, that is a beautiful design! The counters are gorgeous!
  • Options
    Incredible St. Louis note.
  • Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    a nice fibered fractional for me

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    I got this national, my first small size $5 national. I now have for this bank the small 5 and 50, and the large 100, the last thanks to Tookybandit image

I collect this bank, as its wealth helped fund the University of Texas (my alma mater), this bank specifically the McDonald Observatory.

• Options
    Came up as a box, hit the refresh/reload and picture shows up fine now.

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: oklahomadanny

Came up as a box, hit the refresh/reload and picture shows up fine now.

I hosted the image on another website (mine now, not Heritage). The link from the auction did not work.

• Options
    Super nice looking type 2 $5 Paris!

I like the back of that fractional, deep dark color!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Tookybandit

Super nice looking type 2 $5 Paris!

I like the back of that fractional, deep dark color!

The clear surcharges make it a keeper.

• Options
    ==

==

==
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the first lot for its grade.

So far, I've submitted this note 6 times with the following results: PMG 64, PMG 64 EPQ, PMG 65 EPQ, PMG 65 EPQ, PCGS/banknote 65 OPQ, PCGS/banknote 58 OPQ (I didn't know who PCGS/banknote was back then, but the 58 is also a joke, the two notes were consecutive S/Ns and graded gem unc both by HA.com's cataloguer and myself).

Since I already own the entire Greek 1955 series in PMG 66 epq (10d,20d,50d in 65,100d in 66 epq and 67 ppq -, 500d in 66, 1000d in 65 and 66, -all PMG unless stated-), this was the only 66 missing. From the Alta California collection.

And for my side collection -Cuba 1950-1960- these two sold for twice as my estimate. The 1959 100 pesos has already sold twice in PMG 67 epq for ~$80, but it was the 1950 100 pesos that I was encountering for the first time, let alone in 66 epq, thus completing my 100 pesos mini set, 1950 in 66, 1954 in 66,1958 in 66 epq and 67 ppq , 1959 65 epq ,64 ppq and now this 67 epq.

PS: techwriter, your 10 shillings was on my watchlist, but ....as already stated too broke to dream image

Great notes guys! image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Syracusian wrote:
    PS: techwriter, your 10 shillings was on my watchlist, but ....as already stated too broke to dream

Mine too and now the 10S goes with my 1 Pound note.image

Retired

• Options
    Do you mind posting it? Sorry if you already have and I've missed it!
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    uzuiwekuzuiwek Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    Phenomenal foreign notes!

I went 2/2, with the first joining the two different variations of the $1 (if you've got a copy of Haxby Issue 3, you'll see one of them on the front cover):

Still need the $2 from this series.

The second was an impulse buy when nobody else bid on it - completely unknown issuer, although I hereby assign it Wolka 0512-01:

SPMC LM #405 - Collector of Ohio obsoletes. And other stuff, that I'm not going to tell you, so you don't buy it before I do.
  • Options
    That Springfield $3 is amazing! I love the vignettes!
  • Options
    Syracusian, here's the 1 pound partner for the 10 Shillings

==

==

== make a nice pair don't they?

==

==

Retired

• Options
    A nice pair is a very modest way to put it.

To those unfamiliar with these two notes, the pound is the note that replaced the gold sovereign and the 10/- replaced the gold half sovereign. The paper pound's first appearance was only two years before in 1917. This alone, the connection to such famous and popular coins, make them even more desirable to my eyes! Thank you techwriter. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    First money of Brasil.

Rare note from Iraq.

Prison note from Sweden 1795.
    Looking for:

1. Any The Zanzibar Government note in any condition.
  • Options
    A lot of super nice notes being posted. Thanks for sharing your great wins! image

Jim61

• Options
    Originally posted by: Jim61

A lot of super nice notes being posted. Thanks for sharing your great wins! image

+1
  • Options
    +2
  • Options

"Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • Options
    Hey goodpaper, now that is a piece of "goodpaper" - a 35 PPQ!! image

Jim61

• Options
    I thought it was rather charming myself - - thanks! Some mid-grade PQ Large Size notes seem like a great value, and this Deuce sure stood out to me.
    "Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • Options
    Really like that 35ppq!
  • Options
    Great 1886 $2, with wonderful eye appeal. Worth a big premium.
  • Options
    Sweet $2!!!
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice notes everyone.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two winning lots arrived via FedEx on Friday and I finally got them scanned this morning:

I was very pleasantly surprised to get the Lynbrook note at the minimum bid - you see, four years ago, it was in Heritage's Long Island Sound Collection where it didn't sell at a reserve that was almost THREE TIMES the opening bid in the Long Beach Sale. Also, two years ago, Heritage sold another #1 Red Seal on this bank, slabbed as a PCGS Very Fine 35, for TWICE what this note sold for. For the small difference in grade, I'm quite happy with this note as today's price.

I also went after the Theresa note just because I thought it was so cool - Serial # 2 Red Seal, rare bank, etc. Many years ago, I visited Theresa - it's about 15 miles from Watertown and it's just another wide spot in the road that time forgot in upstate New York. I inquired about notes back then but didn't even pick up a rumor so I was stunned when this neat piece turned up and had to get it.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    The Lynbrook note was a score !!! Long Island has been soft.
    Centurialcollectibles.com

EBAY SELLER ID CENTURYCOLL
    Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice notes 2nd Charter. Very nice.
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I picked up this note

Matt
  • Options
    goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Very attractive AU/PQ note there Matt. Total GEM eye appeal. I notice the back-side comments include "Great Embossing". Worth the premium.
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, GP!
    Matt
  • Options
    I liked the notes and the story on the Theresa note!
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: element159
    I got this national, my first small size $5 national. I now have for this bank the small 5 and 50, and the large 100, the last thanks to Tookybandit image
    I collect this bank, as its wealth helped fund the University of Texas (my alma mater), this bank specifically the McDonald Observatory.

neat note image
  • Options

bump

Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade