Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Currency/Coin Stores in Chicago

I will soon be taking a week long trip to Chicago. Does anyone know of some currency &/or coin stores in Chicago? I will specifically be in the Roger's Park and Evanston areas. I am aware of Harlan J. Berk and am planning to take a trip there but I am looking for others as well. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
WTB Peoples National Bank of Jackson, Missouri Ch #7494 and First National Bank of Chaffee, Missouri Ch #9928

Comments

• Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    There are two that are on the northwest side but a little out of your way. Glenview Coinsand Collectibles at Waukegan Rd and Glenview Rd. In Glenview has a nice selection of currency and coins. John is the proprietor.

Niles Coin Shop at Milwaukee Ave and Howard St. Sells coins retail and on a nice bid board. Not much in retail currency. Curt and a Rob are the proprietors.
  • Options
    garrynot, thanks for the information.
    WTB Peoples National Bank of Jackson, Missouri Ch #7494 and First National Bank of Chaffee, Missouri Ch #9928
  • Options
    Good luck. !
  • Options
    Both are open a half day on Saturday and closed Monday. Niles will usually have currency on their bid board. They can explain how you can participate from afar, if you so desire.