Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Back plate 19 on Series 2006 $20s!

Does this particular back plate exist on non-SOI $20s at all?

I do know that it exists on SOI $20s, but even then, it is only known to combine with three of the SOI front plates...

Comments

• Options
    I only have data for the SOI $20's. At the time I did not bother to look at the non SOI notes. I can only speculate that they must have used bp19 on the non SOI notes as it was an anomaly to be used on the SOI notes which only had the high back plates numbers used.
  • Options
    Doesn't look like it. I don't find any instances of DC BP 19 used elsewhere in the series. And in fact, quite a number of low DC BPs are missing altogether from the data: 1, 7 through 13, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24 through 28, 30, 32 and 34 don't appear to have been used. Or if they were used, their lifespans were very short. So the lack of any 19s prior to SOI isn't so peculiar. (FW BP 19 was used.)
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    None on my end.

Regarding $20 plates. The BEP has for some reason in the past few series been going through lots of back plate numbers, especially lately. The highest 2013 $20 BP to date I have seen is 430.

I suspect that several plate numbers in the past few series were skipped over.
  • Options
    I looked back at my data and back plate 19 was only used on the IC-C block for the $20 SOI notes, DC print. My data shows that among the SOI and non SOI printings during this period the lowest back plate number consistently used was 176, and this was for non SOI notes. Among the rare crossover notes that were found within the SOI runs was an IJ-B block note with back plate 85, IG-* with back plate 99, and two IE-* with back plates 120 & 124. I wish I had looked for non SOI notes with bp 19 once it was discovered within this SOI run. It just never dawned on me. I was so absorbed in finding SOI notes with micro front plate numbers, the so-called crossover notes. Oh well.