Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

1902 $20 8007 pedricktown, nj note ?

Folks,

anybody have an idea what a 1902 $20 no date back Blue seal Ch 8007
First national bank of pedricktown, NJ is worth. Around fine

Had a collection come in today, and I could not find any price history on this one note!

Have to get back with family , thanks

rough idea is fine

Comments

• Options
    The census shows 7 large and 12 small. There is only one large $20 known (a 1902 Plain Back) and it is the only large note with an auction record (1999). It sold for $1540, but that may not be a great gauge of today's prices.
  • Options
    goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    I see five 1902 publicly-offered examples in the T&P records; I doubt the denomination of the note will have much bearing on the ultimate value but it seems to be a better charter for Large Size. FYI, Kelly lists three Large examples in his 2008 6th edition and a price of $3,500 in Fine which was a "top of the market" retail dream price. The last public sale was in 2013 for a $10 example in VF 20 sold by Stacks/Bowers for $1,762. If there are no significant distractions for the grade of Fine and you are buying it for resale, an equitable range seems like $750 to $1,250 with eye-appeal being the influential factor. This is my "arm chair" opinion based on little direct knowledge of the current market for New Jersey Nationals.
    "Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • Options
    My thoughts: The NBNcensus show 7 large blue seals on the charter. Based on some recent realizations and some no sales of nice NJ blue seals, unless the note is a beautiful XF or better, I wouldn't advise paying more than a few hundred for it if you want to be able to flip it.