Home Precious Metals
Options

Ebay bucks for sellers promotion

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a new thing or at least I've never seen it before. I received this on the selling account but not on my buying account. The details are lacking which is normal for Ebay.

2 day event: earn eBay Bucks when you sell!
Get rewarded with eBay Bucks when you list by 9/9, sell by 9/19.

Apparently you have to list items for sale by the 9th and the sales need to be made by the 19th. It doesn't say if existing listings which are due to end in that period qualify. Myself I have 3 listings ending tonight that I put up last week , would they earn bucks?

It doesn't say if categories are limited to normal ebay bucks categories , if you list bullion would you get bucks? Do all items qualify? Most of my listings are in auto parts which are excluded from earning bucks when purchased .

It doesn't say that the ending has to be before the 19th only the sale, So if you have 30 day fixed price listings as most of mine are and they happen to sell before the 19th would they earn bucks?

I view this as a little delayed kickback on selling fees which is always appreciated but I forsee a lot of gotchas as it plays out.

Comments

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Did you get this in an email or eBay messages?
  • Options

Neither , I have 3 accounts no emails or messages but I logged into my selling account and was presented with a banner Ad for it.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay homepage notice and email and in ebay messages for me
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Well I sold 3 items tonight in bullion category that were listed 7 days ago and didn't get any ebay bucks. On my other account I have items ending tonight in categories that earn bucks but didn't get the promotion so those won't earn bucks.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

Well I sold 3 items tonight in bullion category that were listed 7 days ago and didn't get any ebay bucks. On my other account I have items ending tonight in categories that earn bucks but didn't get the promotion so those won't earn bucks.

I don't recall the exact wording of the terms and conditions (I received it also), but there was a specified time delay before the ebay bucks get allotted to you after selling. So you very well may get the additional bucks, just may take some time.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭
    Qualifying listings are from after 5:00 am PT 9/8 on, hope this helps:

Promotion details
    Invited users (“Users”) must click the email to activate in order to qualify for the Promotion. Users will earn 6% in eBay Bucks (see Terms & Conditions for details) on eligible items that are either purchased, or listed and sold (the “Promotion”). Eligible items include items from all categories except: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories). Users who purchase eligible items between 5:00AM PT on September 8, 2016 and 11:59PM PT on September 9, 2016 (the “Purchase Earn Period”) will earn the promotional offer. Users who list and sell eligible items between 5:00AM PT on September 8, 2016 and 11:59PM PT September 19, 2016 (the “Selling Earn Period”) will also earn the promotional offer.

eBay Bucks Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply.
    BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

Ok so none of the bullion I sold and none of the auto parts will earn bucks either. They only sent the promotion to my seller account where I never accumulate bucks unless I go over the quarterly limit anyway so its a moot point .

I am curious how it works out for others though in case the offer is repeated .
  • Options

I'm wondering that myself. I assume after the item sells and the buyer pays, the ebucks gets added to your account. I'll see tomorrow as the wife has an item ending tomorrow with this promotion, so I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SONOMOSCA

I'm wondering that myself. I assume after the item sells and the buyer pays, the ebucks gets added to your account. I'll see tomorrow as the wife has an item ending tomorrow with this promotion, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I think it said that the ebay bucks earned from selling would be credited on 9/30
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mdkuom
    Originally posted by: SONOMOSCA

I think it said that the ebay bucks earned from selling would be credited on 9/30

Whats annoying about that is you could have listings that qualify or don't qualify and you won't know until its all over. I'll have sold at least a dozen items by then but I have no idea what will happen. If they told you when the listing ended at least you could make adjustments to existing items if you were not earning bucks due to some technicality.

• Options

Well the item sold and nothing so far, guess I'll see by the 30th.
  • Options
    Update: Checked the Ebay account and the 6% ebucks promotion funds have been credited.

I think this type of promotion might boost up listings from people who normally do not list such as my wife and I especially since you can make money instead of spending money for the ebucks!

I did notice that the 6% was only paid on the selling price only and not shipping, which is understandable.
  • Options

I just checked mine and noticed I was credited with $5.63 in bucks image

I have no idea why ,obviously neither the truck parts or the bullion I sold qualified so something worth about $90 must have been in a bucks category.

• Options

I just checked mine and noticed I was credited with $5.63 in bucks image

I have no idea why ,obviously neither the truck parts or the bullion I sold qualified so something worth about $90 must have been in a bucks category.

It should be for a purchase at least $93.75. You might want to find out, it could of been in the coin and paper category but with a different sub category? Like when some of the big sellers do that so we can earn ebucks on that purchase. If it was then you might want to use it again if the same promotion comes back.

I don't know why they don't show which sale earned the reward or sale price? My wife sold a new saute pan she used as a display in the kitchen and wanted to change things up a bit.

09/29/2016 eBay Bucks list and sell promotion reward $0.00 $15.60
  • Options
    I liked this special, got my bucks yesterday. they basically gave me back my FVFs in ebay bucks. I hope they do it again