Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Finally pulled the trigger...and tonight they begin to hit the block

I've decided to sell some notes on Heritage. I've bought plenty from them over the years but never sold anything.
Decided to part with an error note and some Gem quality SC's. Here's the error; scroll down six posts to see the other SC's:

Long Beach Currency Auction, Lot 18891 -- did not sell; still available.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck on your auction. Cool error note.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I agree, that is a cool error!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Wow, nice error.

I can see a bidding war brewing on that one.
  • Options
    image +1 or more; really nice error. image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet!

Which other SCs? Any small size?
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Synchr, here are the other notes I put in the Heritage auction (edited post-sale)

Monday's (9/12) internet session:

24161 SOLD

24184 SOLD

24186 SOLD

24189 Still Available (2 notes, including low serial F72000265A note)

24190 SOLD

24191 SOLD

24192 SOLD

Friday's (9/9) live sale:

18683 Still available

18684 SOLD

18686 SOLD

18687 SOLD

18689 SOLD

• Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice notes!
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing high end!!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Wow, those are tempting budget violators!
    Thank you for posting
  • Options
    Holy crap some amazing stuff there!
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I will surely give you a few bids...

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larry510

Holy crap some amazing stuff there!

+1, I agree. And my thin wallet is safe. Thanks for not posting any 61s. image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some really nice Silver Certs Dave
  • Options
    Five months after I turned the notes over to Heritage they finally hit the block tonight. Looking forward to seeing how they (and I) do! In some ways five months seems like a really long wait. But I've waited that long for monthly grading specials to turn around!
  • Options
    KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    The 1934 DA block $5 SC in 67 PPQ is now bid up to what I paid for my 68 PPQ! One or both of us should feel really good about that. As a sidenote, the population of that note has not changed in well over three years. Almost every 67 and 68 came out of the same run.

• Options
    Originally posted by: delistamps
    Five months after I turned the notes over to Heritage they finally hit the block tonight. Looking forward to seeing how they (and I) do! In some ways five months seems like a really long wait. But I've waited that long for monthly grading specials to turn around!

How long will it take to get paid...?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: KT5Silver

The 1934 DA block $5 SC in 67 PPQ is now bid up to what I paid for my 68 PPQ! One or both of us should feel really good about that. As a sidenote, the population of that note has not changed in well over three years. Almost every 67 and 68 came out of the same run.

Yep I've been watching that one Kraig. I drove it up but decided I wasn't going any higher on it. Someone else will win it.

I'll make sure none of your notes go cheap Delistamps! image

• Options
    Originally posted by: synchr

How long will it take to get paid...?

Settlement date is Oct. 27.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Disappointing results tonight. A couple of notes failed to attract a bid.
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good you reserved them, sorry you didn't get more interest. Which is the best currency auction of the year? Winter FUN?
  • Options
    Heritage set the opening bids. Lower opens may have hurt, but then again they may have generated competition. I do know it would slow the auction down.
  • Options
    Well, there was more action today and in the end, I didn't take too big a hit. Lost on some, made on a few others. Over all I didn't end up covering my costs but I sure enjoyed owning them while I did. And with any luck I'll see them pop back up on the board from time to time.

Looking back I expected more action on the gem grade notes...especially the ones that were in the live auction. I walk away more likely to sell on the BST or to dealers at a show than to wait for a Heritage auction.

If I was in a buying mode I'd be a happy camper this week. Instead, I'll put the proceeds towards my youngest son's college expenses and keep my eyes open for my next purchase. Time for me to win another YOU SUCK award. image
  • Options
    Well you did well on the $5 1934 SC 67PPQ. I thought the market was down a little on SC and LT's but was surprised that there were two guys who wanted that note even more than I did.
  • Options
    Auction houses seem to see no correlation between raising fees and losing bidders ....
  • Options
    Originally posted by: larry510
    Well you did well on the $5 1934 SC 67PPQ. I thought the market was down a little on SC and LT's but was surprised that there were two guys who wanted that note even more than I did.

Larry, you're right about that. I only had $147.50 into that note. It was a pick on Ebay in December of 2013. A $425 hammer price was pretty sweet, and helped offset some losses on other notes.
  • Options
    You got a great deal on that for under $150. Wish I could find one for even double that.
  • Options
    I know. On the other hand, I had $1,725 into the 67PPQ Fr. 1707* that hammered for the $1,200 opening bid. A check of T&P indicates that's an outrageous bargain.

The buyer of the 1707* might have been willing to pay much, much more for it. Without a second bidder, it can make an enormous difference. That's how it goes!