Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Comments

• Here you go Randy:

Looking for more to post.
  • Cannot find my original post about this note, but it is very rare. Based on the number of micro plates on the press during October 1942 and the size of the print run, it is possible less than 500 Minneapolis mule stars were printed.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    This is a mule, and according to Schwartz 10th Ed, is the lowest known serial:

This is a narrow back, also lowest known according to Schwartz:

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • I don't have a scan of the back, but pictured is a $20 FRN 1934 plain back plate 204 star note.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• This has to be one of the finest LGS star notes for any district.

Jim Hodgson

• DGS non-mule star.

Jim Hodgson

Jim Hodgson

• gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
  • Done - that's all the $20 1934 notes I have in my Photobucket library.
    Jim Hodgson

• Found more - old back, new back.

Jim Hodgson

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Nothing fancy.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE $20's and this thread!! image

Here's a really cool one that I had reholdered at ANA.

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Later LGS note. Last serial number printed in 1937 was D11868000A.

BGS non mule. I have eight recorded so far, with no CU's, This note is third finest so far. L00120001* to L00132000* were serial numbered on June 20, 1938.

Sweet Star Lucky!!!
  • I guess I need to upload more pics to Photobucket to keep this thread moving...
    Jim Hodgson

That would be awesome Jim! I would love to see this thread last a while!

Thanks to gnat, I was able to add this note a while back, it's one of my favorite $20's image

• TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    $20 1934A Mule DA

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Love this thread!
    Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • Tougher district for a narrow in high grade:

• Speaking of Old Backs, here is a complete district set of them (non-stars) all in certified Top Pop grades, combined services.

The Boston, Philly, St. Louis and Dallas are all Top Pop 1/0 combined. Richmond and Atlanta are 2/0, followed by Minneapolis, Kansas City and San Fran at 3/0. The NY and Chicago are 5/0 with Cleveland coming in last place at 7/0, combined "Pop" tallies.

I'll post the New Backs at a later date.

That is an awesome set.
    Amazing set !!

• Shout out to mother Russia for 34C OBs
    US small size Federal Reserve Note collector with focus on 1928 to 1950E and main focus on 1934 to 1934D series. $5 to $100 denominations.

kurtisjohnson is my eBay ID

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kurtisjohnson/m.html
    Wow, very impressive! Way to go!!!image
  • Originally posted by: rynotograce

Shout out to mother Russia for 34C OBs

Definitely! Thanks Kurt.
  • Complete set of $20 FRN 1934-A Minneapolis notes.

Mule

Mule Star

Regular

Regular Star

Jim Hodgson

• How about an Atlanta narrow which I believe is still top pop but haven't checked in a while. Also has six sixes in the serial on the sixth district and the grade of course is a 66.

• Randy. Nice star note. Normally all you see are rags, if you even see a San Fran star.
    Thanks Larry. The SF Old Back Star is the best example I've been able to find.
  • $20 FRN 1934-B H-Star back plate 204

Jim Hodgson

Great Note Jim.
    Nice notes.

Someone should start a thread for the other denominations. There are some great rarities in the 1934 $5, $10, $50, and $100.
  • One that shares top pop with one other note:

image[/URL]
    Reeded Edge halves by die variety
  • gorgeous star... and wow, if it were only 112 #'s higher!
  • What a cool Gem 1934D $20 Cleveland Star note. Killer
    US small size Federal Reserve Note collector with focus on 1928 to 1950E and main focus on 1934 to 1934D series. $5 to $100 denominations.

• Jim. Nice 1934A $20 I Stars. Tough notes

• OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭