Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

I finally bought a note.

I started collecting Nationals in March 1969. I have not bought a National this year. This is the farthest into the year I have gone and not purchased a National.

Last night I attended a poker game. A woman there had won a pot that had a National in it that I needed! I offered her double face for it and she said no. I ended up paying her $100 in cash and giving her a check for $150 , that she reluctantly took. The note was very limp and was missing a sliver of the top left. It would grade a vg. at best. I was proudly showing it off when........... I needed to go to the bathroom and woke up. Drat,drat,drat. imageisgust;

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Man you had me going! So close, but yet so far. image
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I hate it when that happens!!!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I would have expected this story on April Fools Day, not on Labor Day!
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Dare to dream,dare to dream!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    That's a good one... I was waiting for the description of the note to see what it was.....
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade