Home Sports Talk

Fantasy Football

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
How did everyone do in their drafts? I got the 3rd pick overall in a PPR league, I know Brown and ODB will be gone so I'm grabbing Julio Jones. I'd love to hear about any sleepers you guys got

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in 7 leagues this year, including two here on CU, and gearing up for 5 drafts this weekend, lol. I'd rank top 3 for PPR in following order: Brown, Beckham and Jones. Probably rank D Johnson at No. 4, but if I'm not top 3, I'd rather draft later in round 1. I'd say Josh Gordon may be a difference maker even though he's out for first 4 games. He could put up monster numbers down the stretch.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely targeting Gordon after the 5th round, if he goes earlier so be it I'm not passing on a guy who is playing right out of the gate
    And btw Tim 7 leagues is ridonculas lol
    I got Charles in the 3rd round and Jimmy Graham in the 9th round so hopefully these guys get back to form and I end up with some real value. I'm stressed about Charles but took the risk
    Julio Jones and Brandon Cooks were my first 2 picks, it's a PPR league so WR's were flying off the board, Langford and Woodhead are my 2 backs until Charles gets back, I got Rivers and Decker late too
    Originally posted by: perkdog

And btw Tim 7 leagues is ridonculas lol

LOL, I can't help myself!

Charles could pay off huge, esp in PPR. If he is healthy, he's a 1st round back for sure. Jones is a monster pick, top 3 overall, no question.

Decker will be solid. Good value pick late.

I don't think Graham is ever going to approach the level he did at NO due to the QB, the offensive system and probably most significantly, injuries and age.

Rivers is always underrated~goes late but puts up nearly 5K passing yards every season.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Good luck to everyone this Season! Im hoping for a turnaround from my last place finish last year image
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Mine was horrific, but that's more due to my lack of preparation than anything else. 10 team league, and I'm picking 10th and 11th. Of course all of the good RBs were already gone, so in a fit of desperation I chose LeVeon Bell as time expired. Since I was unprepared and haven't been paying an ounce of attention to football (it's baseball season... duh!), I didn't know that Mr. Bell was suspended for 3 games, but my daughter did, 'cause as soon as I made the pick she said, "Ummm, I'm pretty sure he's suspended." Nice! And so for my 11th pick I chose Gronk, who is a solid pick for sure, but he might not play on Sunday. And so it went.

Bell will come back and be solid, but my first three weeks might be a bit of challenge.
    Bell was routinely drafted very late first or early second round so I wouldn't say that was a bad pick, Geordie. Had he not been suspended for first three games, he'd probably have gone #1 or #2 overall. He will be a beast when he comes back, especially in a PPR league. Go at least 1-2 the first 3 games, and you have the next RB in football (for PPR) the rest of the way, as long as he stays injury free.

• CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Not too bad...I loaded up on WR's early and often.....Keenan Allen was on my
    target list, but somehow I passed on him.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
    My team played well but ofcourse I played the guy who had the high of the week, 0-1
    Antonio Brown is an absolute beast...so is D'Angelo Williams. LeVeon who?

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15

Antonio Brown is an absolute beast...so is D'Angelo Williams. LeVeon who?

Antonio Brown: 5'10", 185lbs. image

I had no idea he was on the small end of the charts.

His game, however, is off the charts.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure wish someone would have informed me prior to the draft that Todd Gurley plays for a high school team
    Originally posted by: galaxy27
    I sure wish someone would have informed me prior to the draft that Todd Gurley plays for a high school team

He is playing a tough defense this week, might have to wait another game for him to play well
    Gurley should be ok after this week

Gurley should be ok after this week

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, because I have deep concerns after watching that performance against the Niners. I can't recall the last time I witnessed a more pathetic display from an offense.

The Rams' passing game is virtually nonexistent. Absolutely no reason for an opposing D not to consistently put 7-8 in the box and nullify the only true weapon LA has. Well, unless you consider Tavon Austin a weapon, which the Rams' organization apparently does (4 years, 42 million with 30M guaranteed........really?!?).

I am indeed benching TG this week, so when bizarro world kicks in and he runs roughshod over the Seahawks, I'll be back to remind everyone how smart I am.

Tough to make definite opinions after only week 1, I didn't watch the game but read the stats and saw the score which told me I didn't miss much, as far as Gurley goes he is definitely talented but I've been burned on second year backs i.e.: Doug Martin and won't ever draft a RB in his 2nd year ever again. I do believe Gurley will post respectable numbers but when I had the 3rd overall pick I passed on him.
    0-3 and not looking promising this season
    Why I allow myself to be surprised by anything Josh Gordon does is beyond me. Attending rehab with him doesn't sound half bad right about now...
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I made to Week 4 with a 2-1 record. Le'Veon Bell makes his return, and suddenly things are looking a bit more promising.
    I'm hoping Jamal Charles can get back to form quick, I'm 0-3 and need something positive lol
    Sitting Charles today, hopefully it's not a mistake

Sitting Charles today, hopefully it's not a mistake

I don't think so, Paul. I have him in one league and am sitting him, too. He will be on a snap count and Ware is running well.

Regardless I didn't play Charles but for the 4th week in a row I play AGAINST the high of the week! It's surreal, I'm 0-4 and have like the 4th amount of points scored in the league but keep playing teams that go off. I'm disgusted and hate Fantasy Football right now
    Won for the first time last week, a total nail biter at 130-128. Interestingly enough my opponent had Brady for his first game back against the lil Brownies, he almost had 5 TD's which would have beaten me for sure but a few shoe string tackles saved my team lol. I shook up my team with a managerial change, I traded Julio straight up for Beckham!
    Won big with the high of the week :)