Home Sports Talk
Options

Barkley visits sager in hospital

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
Craig Sager recently endured his third bone marrow transplant due to leukemia. Due to his depleted immune system, his wife who had a cold, was unable to attend the procedure. When Barkley heard, he decided to fly out. Barkley himself had recently had hip surgery and was not cleared to travel. He ignored doctors orders and flew out to support his friend.

A very classy move. Good on you Chuck

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I have went to the celebrity golf tourney in Tahoe a few times and in essence I could have the greatest time just following Chuck around on his round of golf despite all the other celebrities that are there. A fun guy to be around and your interactions with him will provide memories of a lifetime.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always liked Sir Charles.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    I met him at a golf course he was playing for a bachelor party get together. Finished his round and went back out to play more. Signed everyone's auto coming off 18 talked to everyone.

We were there for a wedding he took pictures with the couple and Sat around at the bar afterwards great guy and conversationalist.

I hope craig gets better
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started