Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

lets see if this works

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63 maybe 64 - on the fence image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    64-65?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary

The 1944 Peso graded MS66. The picture is very good but capturing the natural beauty of this coin is a tall order. I thought it would 67- And perhaps the reason it did not get there is because this date comes nice. The 1944 Peso may be the most available date within the series in 66 and higher. The color and overall appearance of the coin made it submission worthy.

Forgot to mention how lovely this one looks. The subtle pastels are beautiful, particularly on the reverse.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    PS- I'd be an eager buyer or swapper on this if you ever chose to part with it. Not only is it attractive, but 1944 is my mother's birthyear and i spent some time in Mexico.

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a perfect example of how scans and cool pics are often truly NOT telling the whole picture, and why GTG is literally a GTG!

From what I see here - there is absolutely no way I would have even attempted 65 - way too much going on in the fields - however based on what you got and how you described it - it must be heaven in hand, no chatter as assumed, and deserving of the grade indeed image
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: marcmoish

What a perfect example of how scans and cool pics are often truly NOT telling the whole picture, and why GTG is literally a GTG!

From what I see here - there is absolutely no way I would have even attempted 65 - way too much going on in the fields - however based on what you got and how you described it - it must be heaven in hand, no chatter as assumed, and deserving of the grade indeed image

I agree - image doesn't show the merit of the coin. I would try and get another image done and share with us image

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to look at my 1918-1945 Peso Registry Set. I have a few more to get, but this will provide an insight into the series and how they look. These were all purchased raw and submitted to our Host.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: marcmoish

I agree. My guess based on that photo would be AU58.
  • WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always been drawn to this coin and it's design and yours reaffirms why. It's got great color and a touch of frost.

Years ago I was able to buy a group of about 10-12 in MS with great color for a little over melt because the dealer said his customers want 999 silver in full 1 Troy oz. I've been able to continually buy these elsewhere along the way for the same reasons at other shops when I ask. I'll stack these all day long like that instead of buying say ASEs. I like to see others are interested in the same things I am!