Home Precious Metals

Ebay 10 OZ Silver bar for sale Low serial number SOLD

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
These can be found on Ebay but this number is very low....

Still sealed

Comments

• Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    Serious question here..... why do people pay a premium for a number? They all contain 10oz Silver and look the same except for that #....

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The older type of poured bars, like the Engelhard below, will attract more buyer interest if the serial number is perceived as low.

Apart from a certain "coolness" factor its hard to say why someone might consider a lower serial number to be more desirable. I understand that currency collectors will pay a premium for serial number curiosities that only dedicated currency collectors would find interesting.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a coin on eBay about 25 years ago because of the serial number on the slab. It was a very nice AU55 common date half eagle in an early small size ANACS slab with the serial number of 666666. The seller on eBay hyped the serial number but I was able to buy it without paying any premium for the fancy serial number. After all these years I forgot the date of the coin but I remember the serial number on the slab. I still have it and will never sell it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that 3oz Engelhard!
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PerryHall
    I bought a coin on eBay about 25 years ago because of the serial number on the slab. It was a very nice AU55 common date half eagle in an early small size ANACS slab with the serial number of 666666. The seller on eBay hyped the serial number but I was able to buy it without paying any premium for the fancy serial number. After all these years I forgot the date of the coin but I remember the serial number on the slab. I still have it and will never sell it.

The fact that you will never sell it is kind of creepy. image

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    I can see it on currency. I cant see it on a hunk of metal but hey thats what makes us all unique!
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did it sell for?

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan