Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

1847 Proof Liberia Cent For sale SOLD

Nice coin see links below Paypal Shipping is free.

Purchased here on these boards!

https://www.ngccoin.com/.........259133001/

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have long wanted one of these...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

Can sure see why. Hard to believe it's a coin, not a medal.
    It's mine now, thanks to some swap-flexibility by the OP. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats LordM. I have been looking for one of these for a long while also -- I would have been all over this one!

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Originally posted by: topstuf

Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

Can sure see why. Hard to believe it's a coin, not a medal.

That may be close to the truth, actually. This was probably 19th century NCLT. Especially a proof strike like this. I would imagine more of these ended up in cabinets of American and European colectors than actually circulated in Liberia. I'll see if the Coin Atlas mentions anything about that.

So Liberia, a huge producer of modern NCLT, may have a 169-year old tradition of that, for all I know.