Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

New way to search Ebay

Maybe some of you have seen this site, but maybe not. I just happen to come across this the other day.

PicClick.com

You do a keyword search and it displays Ebay results as thumbnails. You can search through the results by picture. It has a really nice feature over on the top right that you can change the size of the thumbnails. If you log in with your Ebay ID / Password, then the homepage shows you results from your saved searches and then from the sellers that you are following in MyEbay. Unfortunately, I don't use MyEbay much as I use an outside program for all my saved searches.

I just started playing with this and it does have some downsides but it is a very quick and easy way to do a very fast cursory search. You can also click on the menu (3 stacked dashes) and switch to other countries. For those that don't know, sometimes items are listed on other countries EBay sites, but not on the US site. I search through Canada and US Ebay sites quite a bit.

So far the downsides I have found:

- doesn't always pick up all of your saved searches - some display as blank lines even though there are search results

- I think it only searches on auction titles. From what I can figure out, it doesn't search descriptions.

I certainly like the idea and the layout of the site. Plus when you click on a link, it automatically opens in a new tab which is exactly what I do most of the time so I don't lose my place in a search list. Hopefully more improvements are coming some day....
Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow thanks for sharing! I checked this out this morning and I really like it!
  • I like it too, but it has some limitations...

The main page - if you are logged into your Ebay account, only shows 20 results from each seller / keyword search. If you click on a sellers name on the main page, it just jumps to the useless Ebay page. But, if you click on any item the seller is selling, then click on his name on that page, it brings up a thumbnail page of everything currently for sale by that seller.

So it has limitations, but it is nice for a quick search....

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Nice find. Thanks for sharing with us.

Not perfect, but the pros definitely out way the cons, at least for me so far.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • I sent them a note about some comments and suggestions and they responded already. Very weird but awesome....

I asked about their search criteria - titles only or descriptions as well. So now when you search for a keyword, you get the results but at the top of the screen is a button that says "+descriptions". Click on that and it quickly updates the listings to include both title and description search results. Outstanding....

I also made a comment about the main screen (when logged into ebay) only shows 20 results from searches. You can scroll right for a certain keyword search or seller but it only has 20 results. Now they increased it to 25...still not enough, but very cool that they made the adjustment so quickly. Shows they have flexibility and can make changes.

I also made a comment about the main screen (when logged into ebay) if you want to see all the sellers auctions, you click on the sellers name and it should show everything under that seller in the same tile format. Unfortunately, it just jumped to the EBay seller info screen which is useless. They changed that already as well. Now it shows all seller items in the same picture tile format. Again, very cool...

So bottom line if you have suggestions or comments about their site, I would say let them know. They are actually listening and open to ideas. That's a big plus in my book.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not bad
  • synchrsynchr Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    New resource - Thank you@!
  • I've been playing with this.... the best use I have found is if you want to thumb through a whole category. Makes looking at several thousand auctions fairly quick and painless. It definitely has some uses in my book.

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DepressionscripGuy

I've been playing with this.... the best use I have found is if you want to thumb through a whole category. Makes looking at several thousand auctions fairly quick and painless. It definitely has some uses in my book.

I totally agree! Nice tool to save time.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061