Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Multi-Player Rookie Card Problem

Hey guys! Just posted another article. Some fun customs of Rose, Schmidt, Ryan, Ripken and yours truly are included. It takes a long time formatting everything to show here, so here is a link:

http://www.tanmanbaseballfan.c...okie-card-problem.html

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    Those cards look fantastic.

Can you please make some moustache wax packs and randomly put in cards you made?

I'm a buyer.
  • Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: coinspacks

Those cards look fantastic.

Can you please make some moustache wax packs and randomly put in cards you made?

I'm a buyer.

You know what is funny, is that is something similar to what my wife said. I attempted to be funny in my latest video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_LaTfka2Fg starting at the 1:15 mark or so. I promise I'll get better at video editing soon! image

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I don't doubt your skills tanner, but I prefer my cards to be autograph, swatch, patch, cleat, bat, base, gum and jockstrap free! (Or whatever they are sticking onto cards these days.)

I have seen many of your canseco cards and they look awesome!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me down for 1 each. image
    Mike
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While those are better than the originals, I'd still prefer an actual solo card dedicated to the player. Replicating the bad design elements of the multiplayer rookies just doesn't do it for me, though I could see something similar on a players first solo card. How about a 1982T Traded Ripken with a bat piece replacing the bat in the photo, hat swatch replacing his hat, and jersey swatch replacing the pictured jersey? For me that would be much more appealing.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murphy/Parrish 78 would be a good one. Not Murph's RC but with 4 windows you get the player pics and relics for both. Dwight Evans 1973 is a personal favorite also.
  • Options
    For those of you who don't want to click, here is the eye candy ...

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanner..... As always awesome stuff. I watched your video and very entertaining. I can help you with APBA. It's pronounced AP BAH, The difference between the rounded and perforated cards are, APBA would make team sets with only 20 base cards, but for additional money you could buy extra players that would come 6 to a page in perforated sheets. (Those players were either injured or late call ups) 1986 is Jose Canseco's first APBA card. I hope that helps. If you are interested in more of APBA product here's APBA website: APBAGAMES.COM
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BPorter26

Tanner..... As always awesome stuff. I watched your video and very entertaining. I can help you with APBA. It's pronounced AP BAH, The difference between the rounded and perforated cards are, APBA would make team sets with only 20 base cards, but for additional money you could buy extra players that would come 6 to a page in perforated sheets. (Those players were either injured or late call ups) 1986 is Jose Canseco's first APBA card. I hope that helps. If you are interested in more of APBA product here's APBA website: APBAGAMES.COM

That is great stuff - thanks for learnin' me something I didn't know! I put your comments and gave you a shout out in the comments section of the video. Love it!
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, those are beautifully done. I say Topps hires you to make 1 of 1's for it's Heritage product.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanner,

Great job on all the cards, but that Nolan Ryan looks awesome. I'd be all over one of those.

Thanks for sharing,

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    @divecchia & @jmmiller777 thanks guys! Hopefully the Topps folk are reading.