Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One of the most interesting results of Mike Sherman's work on PCGS generations.

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
When Condor101 started the Generations thread, one of the more enigmatic was Generation 6.

They were surprisingly hard to find for some series, common for others.

In Sherman's work on PCGS generations, he was able to explain it.

At the time, not all series had a well developed PCGS coin number (Colonials, patterns, moderns, etc).

So, the generation "6" slab was really a generation "7" slab with the series and coin number simply not available.

That's why you can't find a Buffalo nickel Gen. 6 slab - they weren't made!

So those of you trying to complete a set of PCGS generations in a specific series or date will either have to collect Colonials, patterns, etc. or just not include the Gen. 6 slab, like me. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my pcgs generational/walker short set. I found this 1986 ase for my gen 6.
    1986 for pcgs and the silver eagle for the walker design.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

Nice looking and a creative idea! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to find a silver eagle in a rattler one day.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I'd like to find a silver eagle in a rattler one day.

I believe they pop up on ebay from time-to-time.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

Well, I guess a side tracked thread is better than nothing. :lol:

• Options

I've never understood the interest/hype in collecting plastic holders...

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure - Mark Twain
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know your penchant for those Buffs in certain holders. Good, revealing info! Interesting news on Gen 6 . . . I have not gotten into the various iterations as you have, and I think my patience would wear out before my finances . . . but it would be fun!

Drunner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file