Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Wholesale Prices on Liberty $20 Gold

Let me start by saying I don't have any, but was wondering what our readers think about this example:

1852 O in AU50-53 range.

I brought this up because I wonder at the depth (thinness?) of the market for these type of coins, especially with regards to wholesale values. When you look up auction records of non-mint state 20s, the prices realized seem to vary even with coins of comparable quality. I probably wrongly take these as retail prices. From some of what I've read wholesale might only be 50% of these prices. This date came up because we were talking about New Orleans 20s and I was over my head as this is not my area. As with many other series, mint state pieces bring staggering amounts, but get the feeling that anything less and the wholesale drops off the cliff.

Sorry for the rambling post as I am waiting on my morning coffee.

Oops, wrong forum - can somebody move it?
Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody can move it, but you can copy and paste to repost it on the Liteside (and might get an answer here anyway).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest that because it is a pre-Cival War New Orleans $20, this coin will have a following. This was the only O 20 date I Ever owned and wish I still owned

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.