Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

USPS changes that started yesterday (first-class and priority international)

Got this message the other day.

Hello there,

The United States Postal Service has announced upcoming changes that may affect sellers who ship with USPS. The USPS will update rates for their First-Class Package Service, and will also make slight modifications to their Priority Mail International services. These changes will go into effect on August 28.

+What are the rate changes?+

The USPS First-Class Package Service rates for packages that weigh 1-3 ounces will increase. The USPS retail rate will increase from $2.45 to $2.62.

+What else is changing?+

The USPS has also modified their Priority Mail International services. Below are details on these changes:

- Priority Mail International packages sent to any country may now be tracked by sellers and buyers.

- All Priority Mail International services containing merchandise are now insured by USPS against loss, damage, or missing contents up to $200 at no additional charge.

- Shippers in the US will now pay return postage fees for undeliverable packages sent via Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes. Previously, when a foreign postal administration returned undeliverable-as-addressed Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes to a U.S. sender, there were no return charges.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks . I swore I was losing my marbles yesterday mailing out.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Just not worth selling small items anymore.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    This is probably been mentioned before but not long ago they changed that you no longer have to sign for an insured package unless it is $501, where it was $201. So if you insure a card for say $400, no signature is required.
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    The generosity of the system knows no bounds. Today I was rewarded with a 2 cent discount, so my package only cost $2.60 to ship. Somehow, all those 2 cents will add up until I'm wealthy enough to purchase an entire postage stamp of my own.