Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

need some help with a Cobb auto

So I bought some T206's from a guy online and asked if he had any more and he texted me this.

It's on the back of a green portrait, any chance it's real? To me it looks similar to other's but w/o card in hand, kinda hard.
Thanks, Larry

Comments

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    It looks like the repo's they sell on eBay. I would stay far away,
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    Thanks, I just could not find that version or reprint with the same pressures and marks.
  • Options
    BliggityBliggity Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    The card is a clear fake. Auto is no good. You may want to post the rest of the T206s you bought because unfortunately there's a good chance those are bad too.
  • Options
    Here's a couple highlights. I don't have the cards yet so hopefully they're real. I paid via CC so I can always fall back on that.

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they all look like RPs to me.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    look up...leaf executive collection masterpiece.....then image it......and that took 2 seconds.......almost looks like a copy paste in the sense of similarity...

with such a big name though, you may want to get a professional opinion...will he guarantee it?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    They look artificially aged. Only the white borders show dirt or coffee stains...the faces and background still seem newish.