Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card show question....

Card show question: In your honest objective opinion, what one day show in the state you live in is the best? Let's see if we can get most of the States identified. Maybe even a guide for traveling...lol

and begin...

I live in New Jersey and enjoy the Bordentown Ramada Inn show on Rt. 130...

Comments

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Chantilly Show for Virginia. Three times a year. Nice variety of stuff; old and new.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In LA we have Frank & Sons on Wed and Sat.

I'm a former Detroiter and wonder how the Gibraltar Shows are doing? I know the Taylor show ended, but how is the scene in Mt Clemens.

During the 1990's-early 2000s, that Taylor show was probably one of the most nationally influential shows especially in the hockey card market.
    Mike
  • Options
    raykasaraykasa Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Cool responses; In Jersey we don't really have a national show location- so I went ahead and cited a one day show. Edison has tried to be a national show- but with much failure...
  • Options
    Not one day (maybe annual would be better filter) but definitely TwinsFest as long as it's not being held at Target Field.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for me, the only show in my state is ebay.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: GoDodgersFan

Chantilly Show for Virginia. Three times a year. Nice variety of stuff; old and new.

What he said

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    In Rhode Island it is easily the West Valley Inn show every February. One of the oldest shows in the country.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Time4aGansett

In Rhode Island it is easily the West Valley Inn show every February. One of the oldest shows in the country.

Is that the Cranston show I've heard about? I loved in Rhody as a kid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: craig44

Unfortunately for me, the only show in my state is ebay.

Same here, but Doug Keating's monthly show at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield, Mass, is top notch. Really great autograph guests, really cheap, and lots of nice vintage and prewar material.

Edit to add a LINK.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    the strongsville show near cleveland ohio (maybe 2 days but I've never gone although i lived right next it one year) also keep hearing of some strong guests and dealers.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭
    In San Francisco it is definitely the once a year Tristar Cow Palace show.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    in response to the gilbralter show in taylor that was a good show sad to see it go most of the dealers have went over to taylor town and they still have the mount clemens show going but not the same as taylor i also like the once a month show we have in redford mi its smaller but you can still find vintage and unopened...
  • Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

Yes, originally started in Cranston, but moved to the West Valley Inn many years ago.
  • Options

Originally posted by: DanBessette

Yes, originally started in Cranston, but moved to the West Valley Inn many years ago.

What town is that?
  • Options
    Tere1071Tere1071 Posts: 163 ✭✭
    In the Los Angeles area there used to be quite a bit of shows, but that was when I was more actively involved in the 70s through the early 90s. True, there is Frank and Sons, but the card dealers have diminished and it's more about the gaming cards. There is also Jimmy's in Whittier on Tuesday and Sunday, but there are very few dealers who set up; however Jimmy is very nice. If you are in the southeast Los Angeles area they are worth a cursory glance and something may be found, but it isn't like it once was.
  • Options
    Only one in the Tampa area at Big Top Flea Market once a month. It's ok but lots of cheaper stuff. It's a nice change and I try to go every month and spend some money to keep the local business going. Wish we had a higher end show around here. There has been a few in the past pop up out of nowhere but I suppose it's not successful as they aren't repeated.
  • Options
    Where is the Big Top flea market? I have a place in Lakeland...
  • Options
    It's off fowler off 275. Where in Lakeland? Quality inn or something? Didn't think that was still on. Are you going to share?
  • Options
    No I mean I have a place to live in Lakeland area. When I'm down there - I never think to look for card shows...will check big top out. thanks
  • Options
    Ha ok no problem. It's not anything to brag about but it's something to do on a Saturday if you are bored. Helps to support the local stuff